X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you and me both...
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Someone just came by and offered to trade their 87 M50B25 Coupe for my 325iX four door...

Drove the car and I really liked it.. I've been dreaming of this iX for as long as I can remember. The guy even offered to add cash on top of the trade. The car needs some work though.

It seems to leak/seep oil out of the breather hose/air filter off of the valve cover.

The exhaust needs to be replaced. Bulky, and the cat is on it's way to being clogged imo. Sounds like rattling at take off.

The brakes need work - there is air loss somewhere, and the pedal feels mushy.

The clutch feels wierd - like it needs to be bled or something.

The O2 Sensor needs to be replaced, it's unplugged right now and the car idles lumpy as fuuuu.

Good things, it's a coupe, early car with late model valence, delphin schwartz metallic, ground control coilovers and koni struts , M50.

Even though i'm so stoked on it... I'll probably back down. Should I do this trade? The car was sitting on turbines at the time so my I may just be in lust.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
        Someone just came by and offered to trade their 87 M50B25 Coupe for my 325iX four door...

Drove the car and I really liked it.. I've been dreaming of this iX for as long as I can remember. The guy even offered to add cash on top of the trade. The car needs some work though.

It seems to leak/seep oil out of the breather hose/air filter off of the valve cover.

The exhaust needs to be replaced. Bulky, and the cat is on it's way to being clogged imo. Sounds like rattling at take off.

The brakes need work - there is air loss somewhere, and the pedal feels mushy.

The clutch feels wierd - like it needs to be bled or something.

The O2 Sensor needs to be replaced, it's unplugged right now and the car idles lumpy as fuuuu.

Good things, it's a coupe, early car with late model valence, delphin schwartz metallic, ground control coilovers and koni struts , M50.

Even though i'm so stoked on it... I'll probably back down. Should I do this trade? The car was sitting on turbines at the time so my I may just be in lust.
        Do it!!!!!!!!1111
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Really?! I was expecting a ton of DONT DO ITs! haha.

I'm going to sleep on it. This would be my daily driver. It really seems like a nice car, just has a lot of loose ends tied up. This is exactly what I want though. I want the iX as well. : /

I guess i'll see how I feel in the morning.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

No, don't do it. There's a some costly issues sitting there waiting to be addressed.

How much money on top?
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I was thinking 500.00 ish? Maybe i'm just M50 drunk and being impulsive. When compared to my iX the M50 E30 doesn't seem like it would be any more complicated than what i've been dealing with.
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Hi!

Comment

I wouldn't trade. Keep the iX. Its worth more.

Wassup Twelvizm. Long time!

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

If you want to spend more time and money in the garage, rather than driving and enjoying your life, then yes trade it.

Other than that, don't do it.

Comment

Keep Trixie!!
                      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

I'm thinking i'm going to do it!

The iX is a great car don't get me wrong but I know how much money i've put into this car and it's not much. The feeling of driving a car on coil overs with power (a good amount too) to the rear wheels felt so good. Ugh. Maybe i'll ask what he wants for it. Realistically i'm into the iX a little over 3k including the price of purchase.

This sucks, no matter what I decide I feel as if i'm going to regret my decision.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Get a buyers inspection or someone at your work to look through it man. You don't want to get into it and have an ass ton of problems to deal with!
                          - Greg
                          α Team Founding Member
                          1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                          2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

You are still young, go explore and take some chances (insert sarcasm)

How bad can it be?
                            Mostly just spending more money and time you don't have to :)
                            It's not illegal, so just do it, and post a lot of DIY while you are at it

You can do it, We can watch :)

By doing that you are actually supporting parts sellers too, which is good for the economy as long as you pay it off :)

Comment

This is what i'm concluding.

This iX is my unicorn. The way I ended up with it is such a magical whimsical story and I hold it dear to my heart. On top of that, you never see a four door five speed iX. The timing is just wrong.

I'm going to do the smart thing. Hold on to the iX and finish the engine build i'm into. Just build my own swap car at some point.

Buying a 360, Forza 4, and booze and what not. Buying e30 M3, spending fake money on a motor swap and i'll drive that for now. Really doing that tonight, so if you're on live send me your gamertag. :D
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X