No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure he probably used a Forklift or some shit?

When we put the iX shell on the trailer we lowered the shell onto 4x4 wood posts and had four dudes on each corner lift it and set it down on the trailer. Good times! I was so worried for my fingers and toes. haha.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
      Thanks man, we were having a rough time deciphering WTF Keith could possibly be posting from his touch screen.
      NO PROBREM! Unless you're being sarcastic which couldn't possibly be the case.

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
      Hauled this bad boy out of my shop today. This is the farthest I have stripped an E30 so far lol

Props...but I still see a rear view mirror. Good job nonetheless.

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
      '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
      '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
      '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
      '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Mirrors have no value :o
        I used my forklift to load it. And I did snag that sunroof crank at the last minute lol

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

WTF? Weld that on to an old K5 chassis and Mad Max it!

..approves!
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

That would be rad

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

I know it's not a common swap, but there was a few listings where I could take a 1991 318is and swap a good 1991 325i M20 motor into it for fairly cheap. Think this be a possible swap for a new guy looking to get into BMW's? Thanks Guys!

Edit: Actually I believe it's Lucky that would be selling the engine I would be using :D
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Might be worth your time to find a 325i shell.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                  I know it's not a common swap, but there was a few listings where I could take a 1991 318is and swap a good 1991 325i M20 motor into it for fairly cheap. Think this be a possible swap for a new guy looking to get into BMW's? Thanks Guys!
                  Honestly, if you're going to go through the blood, sweat and tears of a swap, don't swap in an M20. Do a 24v DOHC swap (M/S5x) or an M30B35 swap. You will be much happier.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Edit: Actually I believe it's Lucky that would be selling the engine I would be using :D
                    Just finishing up a swap with a friend. Except his shell was an early '84 318 chassis, and it's an '88 motor/harness/ecu. If it's a 91 shell, your job will be much easier in that you should have an easier time making the needed connection between the M20 engine harness and the 318 chassis Fusebox harness.

It's cake!
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                      Honestly, if you're going to go through the blood, sweat and tears of a swap, don't swap in an M20. Do a 24v DOHC swap (M/S5x) or an M30B35 swap. You will be much happier.
                      Well I understand those swaps seem a lot better option given the money, but coming from simple Integra's, I'm looking to find something I can get started into for fairly cheap. The shell with the engine (318is) is literally $500 & getting the engine is like $450(325i). Another $1000 seems like I could have a running car to move forward with.

Maybe I'll look into M42 rebuild costs as well. Power isn't a big thing to me, since I just want something I can work on and enjoy. Thanks Guys!

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Just finishing up a swap with a friend. Except his shell was an early '84 318 chassis, and it's an '88 motor/harness/ecu. If it's a 91 shell, your job will be much easier in that you should have an easier time making the needed connection between the M20 engine harness and the 318 chassis Fusebox harness.

It's cake!
                      Dj, could I PM you about the swap a little further. Think I could get a budget estimate of what I'll be spending.

edit: Guess I'll figure out what is wrong with the318is, maybe a rebuild might just be a simpler solution.
                      Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-16-2011, 02:52 PM. Reason: added more information
                      Originally posted by James Crivellone
                      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Well I understand those swaps seem a lot better option given the money, but coming from simple Integra's, I'm looking to find something I can get started into for fairly cheap. The shell with the engine (318is) is literally $500 & getting the engine is like $450(325i). Another $1000 seems like I could have a running car to move forward with.

Maybe I'll look into M42 rebuild costs as well. Power isn't a big thing to me, since I just want something I can work on and enjoy. Thanks Guys!
                        Wow. What a deal. Can't beat that, I guess. Go for it! Either way, you'll have a running, driving E30 which is always awesome!

Comment

Buy my engine ;)

PM Sent Haruko

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                          Bluebird Bus Conversion
                          New Oregon Trail

Comment

You can PM me. It's actually pretty easy since it's a later chassis. We were dropping the motor into a shell that had been hacked up for an M50 swap, and it was missing several brackets (like the relay holder.) I will get with my friend at get some notes together for you, but you will need to source a tranny and a driveline if you don't have a line on those already.
                            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

For the M20 swap, you will need the late G260 (part number on the side of the trans: 260.0.1346.90.) You can use an earlier G260 (they are pretty much the same,) but the earlier trans has two reference sensors in the bell housing, where the later one does not, due to the "i" motor taking a crank position sensor.

Comment

^^ tru dat! Or he could go Auto-tragic.
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X