Clear All

Just found this on the ol' CL. Pretty cool project

Bahama Beige E23 Project
    Bluebird Bus Conversion
    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Yea it does

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
      That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
        If anyone is interested I am waxing snowboards and skis for $10 flat. It is a hot wax and I use One Ball Jay only. I can apply any temp you'd like or I can pick for you based on current conditions. I can also clean up your edges if you need it for a bit more as well as deliver/pickup.

I do also offer private instruction for those looking to get into the sport. It is a much better deal then purchasing lessons at the hill, especially at Crystal (where I used to instruct). I general instruct at Snoqualmie due to terrain, ease of access, and price. But I am available to go else where such as Crystal, Stevens, and even Baker. I am also available mid week for Snoqualmie

doh, why can't you be near Portland?! I gashed the bottom of one of my ski's Sunday on some rocks poking through the surface.. Plus, I need to teach the wife how to ski.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Haruko: if you do wind up coming down to pick up that eta you can stop by my place and borrow my cherry picker if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            doh, why can't you be near Portland?! I gashed the bottom of one of my ski's Sunday on some rocks poking through the surface.. Plus, I need to teach the wife how to ski.
            Sorry!

How bad is it? With a little Ptex and a YouTube session you might be able to tackle it.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
              Hey bro, glad to hear you got it running! What did you have to do to it?
              Thanks dude, I got the starter replaced and everything back. It still needs some adjusting of the bumper and now my rear passenger wheel bearing is going out so that'll be addressed but for now its on the road. Oh, and that crummy vac hose under the throttle body. ugh...
              BTW
              I'll be heading out to the local pick n pull tomorrow if any of yall want to come or need anything.;)
              sigpic
              Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                Sorry!

How bad is it? With a little Ptex and a YouTube session you might be able to tackle it.

I thought about giving it a try, I will see if I can take a picture of the damage. It's pretty deep in one section, and may have gone through to the base.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  Just found this on the ol' CL. Pretty cool project

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2716629940.html
                  Holy balls, that's bad ass, the swap anyway.

Comment

That guy's a friend of John T. I've seen the car at HPF. Car is very cool.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Anybody have any m50 injectors for sale?? I am buying the Mr Injector Rebuild Kit, so if they are missing a pintle cap not that big of a deal

Comment

I know this is not a FS thread but here is a link to my winter stuff (snowboarding, skis, detailing) ad. I would appreciate it if someone could pass it on to a friend or co worker who is interested.

After all it does help me buy more E30 parts from local members ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                          Haruko: if you do wind up coming down to pick up that eta you can stop by my place and borrow my cherry picker if you'd like.
                          Oh my fucking god, why didn't I see this shit. :hitler:

I knew I should have checked this damn thread. Ugh I want to cry now

Anyways, I am safe and sound at home. I will post pictures tomorrow. The car needs some love, but overall I just need to find an *i* model driveshaft & get the engine from bmwm42 & 5-speed stuff from ejnight.

Night All, & Lucky, I'm sure I need that pedal, don't believe ejnight's kit comes with it.
                          Originally posted by James Crivellone
                          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            Anybody have any m50 injectors for sale?? I am buying the Mr Injector Rebuild Kit, so if they are missing a pintle cap not that big of a deal
                            I've got a set with a rebuild kit still in the package.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                            That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Master cylinder
                              Slave cylinder
                              Transmission
                              Clutch and related parts (flywheel, bearings, etc)
                              Clutch lines
                              Clutch pedal set

Just to double check this is all that I need for the 5-speed swap right? Looks like I gotta fish for a drive shaft & clutch/clutch parts. Lucky, EJ's kit has a pedal with the set I'm looking into, but thanks.

EJ mentioned the booster & I first thing that came to mind was "brake booster" but that didn't sound right & Google didn't return nothing back in the 2 minutes I had checked. Think he meant the slave or master

Edit: Putting out a S.O.S. as well to the Northwest community. My roommate & myself know our way around Honda's by just how easy they seem to be to work on, Saab's & domestic cars "old school" that is, but we could use some help with the engine swap & transmission swap if you have time. I don't mind with tossing a tip towards your gas, plus beer / pizza as payment. Between the E30 transmission swap guide, this Chilton's, & the Bentley I am shopping for we should get it, but some insight would cut down on downtime. Thanks in advance.
                              Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-27-2011, 01:05 PM. Reason: edit
                              Originally posted by James Crivellone
                              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

That looks about right. You will also need a shift knob now ;) as well as a shift boot. No booster is needed.

The transmission cross brace is different from automatic to manual. I don't know if the mounts them selves are the same or not but I replaced mine. You might as well put in a new giubo and CSB for the driveshaft while your under there. You will need brake fluid for bleeding the clutch line. There are some rubber grommets for the clutch lines as well that go in the firewall.

Thats about it. It is pretty straight forward. When you go to put in the clutch master cylinder do not tighten the eyelet that connects it to the pedal very tight. That thing needs be to able to rotate as the clutch is pushed in. Otherwise It will snap off while you are driving. Dont ask me how I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X