No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dooooo it Brad! Then we'll be Zinno 24v twins (you're just lacking in the black interior department!) Besides, it's not like the weather gets all that bad and if you want to go to the mountain, just chain up!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

^hes right.
      sigpic

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuuu u all have good points! I gotta sleep on it lol!! M50 sounds good tho
        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Come to PDX and I'll help you do a black interior swap. Hahaha. I just did it myself and it's really not all that bad...carpet took a while, but now that I know how, it will go a lot quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
            A very popular upgrade for a shifter is the Z3 1.9 for a moderate upgrade. If you're really feeling lucky, you can get the Z4 3.0 for a real short shifter.

As far as fluids go, you're going to want to put full synthetic engine lubricant in it. I'm running a heavier oil for winter, 20w50. I like Kendall because it's cheap ($5 p/ qt) and O'Hara yells at me if I use anything else. Haha. As far as transmission and gear oil go, you'll want to use RedLine. Same for your differential, Redline all the way.

I recommend going to your local import parts house rather then ordering online, just to make sure you're getting the right thing. I've been hearing less good things about Pelican and AutohausAZ as of late (doesn't mean not to order from them, just what I've heard.)
            So I should just worry about getting him running, than worry about the other items later? (suspension bushings & etc.) I'll look into Kendall oil, because otherwise I was going to use Mobil 1. I really wish my local Autozone carried Redline, but alas I will have to order that. I'll verify the various items with you guys if you don't mind before I order.

I have to remember 86e body, 88i engine!

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
            I have the blower and resistor
            Big ups for the great deals on parts/engine! Excited to help pull my new engine today :D & pay the respected man his cash

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
            Blunttech FTW. Great prices, fast shipping. Good time to do any general maintenance. Don't forget the timing belt and water pump ;)
            I am really clueless. I should have realize Blunttech was a online retailer & not a person. After getting home and reading everything, googling some phrases, I realized my mistakes. Phil & myself are checking out the timing belt after we pull the engine real fast. Based on what we have seen so far, the PO was on top of everything which is rare and nice to see :)

Also LuckyHenriksen, what should I do with this 325e engine. It's completely dead from what the PO stated & from the sounds of it, it'll need some head work. Think I should just scrap yard the damn thing or part it? Also I have a auto-tragic rebuilt transmission with the car, think $150 is too high to sell it?

Wish someone was trying to do a stroker, I just sell it to them real cheap.
            Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
            http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/2723479744.html

If anyone is looking for a Dinan chip for their 173. I am not affiliated with the seller.
            Must resist, need to spend money on more important items. Curious though since I won't be running a chipped car at first, do I just run Oregon 87 Octane? Or should I just run 91 premium anyways?

Now my to-do lists that I need help with in getting Haruko on the road:

325i Engine Swap
            Harness hookup
            5-speed transmission conversion
            Dash, cluster, glove-box, e-brake, window (passenger) motor.
            Bumper Tuck
            Originally posted by James Crivellone
            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Hello all!

I'm getting closer and closer to this:

Headlights, air dam and ride height are taken care of. Now for some wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                Hello all!

I'm getting closer and closer to this:

Headlights, air dam and ride height are taken care of. Now for some wheels.

Damnnnnnnnn
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Looking good! Dayumn.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Comment

Looking good dude
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Put the hard parking tow hook back in the trunk brah

Comment

Lol, I like my towhook!

Comment

lol local Napa wants $31 for all this

eBay it is :) I got to see the 2 pin version of this though in their sample kit. Very nice connectors..

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              Put the hard parking tow hook back in the trunk brah
                              What's your car look like brah, I don't think I have ever seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                lol local Napa wants $31 for all this

eBay it is :) I got to see the 2 pin version of this though in their sample kit. Very nice connectors..
                                What are you using these for?

Comment

Working...
                                X