PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dussen View Post
    Seems with some determination and forethought you can get just about anything done on your car. Especially when you don't spend every 5 minutes writing about what new thing you managed to screw up, (right 5Toes)? Some people just need more time than others to plan out there adventure. For me and AAA we just like wrenching.
    Yup. I admit I am paranoid when it comes to wrenching on cars

Comment

I'm so going to troll in the Socal Forums...Stanford's kicker is on Suicide Watch Tonight.
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Did you finish your swap? If not, get your ass back out there! Lololol, just kidding.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
          I'm so going to troll in the Socal Forums...Stanford's kicker is on Suicide Watch Tonight.

I really wanted to watch that game too.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
            I want 300rwhp on a daily. I'm trying to figure it out as we speak.

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
              [IMG]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5194/bgimage45nv.jpg[/IMG
              And that lasted you what, a few months? :)
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Hey I daily drove it for a whole year! There was nothing wrong with it, except I didn't have the wherewithal to keep the M3 and the GTO at the same time.

I may decide to scoop another one up in a year or two depending upon their depreciation...
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                  Good for you guys! I need to help my buddy do a timing belt on his 2.7i...it's never had one done and he's put 100k on it. I'd be SO scared.
                  Dan?
                  Originally posted by 5Toes
                  bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
                    Dan?
                    Nope. Dan doesn't have a 2.7i. It's my buddy Jake's.

Comment

Sooo... Just spoke with both insurance companies and it sounds like his insurance is going to cover my car and also give me a rental while they fix it. Ive never dealt with this kind of crap before so i have 2 questions #1 how can I get the money and fix it at a shop i choose, and #2 what are the chances they will total the car? The damage is very minimal, but i can see a shop charging a good amount of money to pull the damage, plus paint and etc adding up to a large part of what the car is valued at
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

You don't have to fix it. You can fix it but they give you a check and you can use it for whatever you want. It's also the law (in OR, may be different in WA) that you can take your car to whatever shop you choose. The other's insurance company can NOT tell you what shop you take your car to.

Comment

^^ this. Same in Washington. I bet they will total it, then just tell them you wanna buy it back and they will give you a check for the totaled amount minus the buy back.
                          - Greg
                          α Team Founding Member
                          1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                          2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

I agree with the above statement. However, the way to play this off is to put off accepting a check for as long as possible to get the most money from the insurance (or at least until you settle on an amount that is fair to you.)

Honestly, I would just tell them you want X amount and you're keeping the clean title. See if you can work with that. Just my opinion, however.

Comment

just got an alpine 2 318i
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Motherfucker. Running/driving? I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X