No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds good, like i said saturday should work. im going to get luke over here too i hope if he is not too busy.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
    That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      Yes the old starter was bad... when I bench tested it it wouldn't even click. I did the new one the same waya nd it clicked and spun... so yes old starter was indeed bad.

Post all the facepalm pictures you want... but atleast I tried and never gave up. Right? I have something good going for me.

Atleast I dont have a shitty bodykit and ebay wheels. Atleast my car looks half-way decent. Atleast I can work on a car (somewhat :p)

Give me shit, but at the end of the day... Im not doing everything wrong.

And the ticking noise from the exhaust I think is just a combination of the drilled airbox and my exhaust leak.
      You are right and I give you props for fixing your car. It is a learning experience and you are working hard to do everything yourself which is respectable. It is just you approach that is a bit questionable which is what people are giving you a hard time for. Sometimes you just need to slow down and take a step back to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it without breaking other things in the process.

Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
        You are right and I give you props for fixing your car. It is a learning experience and you are working hard to do everything yourself which is respectable. It is just you approach that is a bit questionable which is what people are giving you a hard time for. Sometimes you just need to slow down and take a step back to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it without breaking other things in the process.

What he said..

We all were like you at some point, just learning how to work on cars. And many of us harassed our Dad's or older brother's (or sister depending on your family) or some local gearhead. We all asked question's that may have seemed silly to us now, but that's part of learning. I think where your cause jumped the shark 5toes was when you started using this forum as your Twitter feed and just kept posting stuff that maybe should have been filtered out.

We all suffer from foot-in-mouth disease once in a while (sometimes it's my whole damn leg), but don't let it deter you from learning.

If I were you, I would do like some of the others have suggested, take a step back and focus on other things. Spend some time reading the tech threads on this and other boards, many times the question's you ask have been probably answered (these cars have been around for almost 30 years, there isn't a whole lot of "new" problems with them.) Then, once you are armed with knowledge, and have some free time, invite people over or see if you can bring your car over to another person's house to spend some quality time working and BS'ing.

These forum's are a great source of information, but they are only an online version of what we used to do when standing around at Street races on weekends, or in the pits, or at friends garage's.

OK, I have completely forgotten the point of my post, need more caffeine.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          Remember how I said "YES I AM AN IDIOT"... well this proves that

Your car will start just fine at 11.something volts. Dude. You were out of gas.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Don't forget to check the muffler bearings and headlight fluid.

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
            '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
            '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
            '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
            '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by kennyvb View Post
              Don't forget to check the muffler bearings and headlight fluid.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well now it is time to trouble shoot a high idle. I found a good article on pelican and I am going to test the resistance values.

Thanks for the little help you all have gave me

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  lol wtf seriously toes you are the fucking male version of the drama loving ugly annoying reality tv star hereon after referred to as snooki. someone needs to proof read your shit before your post it im going to ask iron joe how to ingore useless posts
                  Proof read your own posts.

-Alex
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing quite like driving to Bremerton, waiting in line at the navel base for 30 minutes to find out your new job has yet to send over the paperwork for you to get your base passes. Now I get to sit in this shit whole waiting to hear back from my new job to see if they can get the paper work through today or if I will have to drive back here again lete this week or next week. Fuck. My. Life.

That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Come chill with me man, I want to see your bug.

Comment

I'm in my truck today and I just finally got the call so I can go back to the base and get my passes

Comment

Ight glad to hear

Comment

Hay toes
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
                              Proof read your own posts.

-Alex
                              Your free to proof read my shit if you'd like
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                                Your free to proof read my shit if you'd like
                                Abe can proofread my nutz! (no homo?)
                                "Wow. We're just blowing through nap time, aren't we?"
                                sigpic

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
                                X