No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We weren't close, but he was a funny sumbitch. Tragedy; such a young death.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

please take note of the badass sig i have now. i finally feel like part of the R3V family :) Thanks Austin
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Got bored..
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Waaaay better.

Comment

Lol

Dam after a 12 hour day I'm still wide awake.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
            That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
              Nope. Been so busy with work, etc, I haven't hardly had time to think!

On another note, sure is weird when you start hearing about people you went to high school with dying off. Friend of mine died of a heroin overdose yesterday. Wild shit.
              Getting the firewall nuts off were a pita slightly 7mm bolts. I was able to just move the harness out the way. The hard part was getting off the 25 year old retaining clip that held the motor in there, which broke in half.

Austin, you think I should replace this throw out bearing or keep it?

Edit: Anything special I should use on it besides de-greaser to clean the transmission off before installing?
              Last edited by HarukoE30; 12-20-2011, 05:13 PM. Reason: edit:
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Man, all this talk makes me want a new sig.
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                  Getting the firewall nuts off were a pita slightly 7mm bolts. I was able to just move the harness out the way. The hard part was getting off the 25 year old retaining clip that held the motor in there, which broke in half.

Austin, you think I should replace this throw out bearing or keep it?

Edit: Anything special I should use on it besides de-greaser to clean the transmission off before installing?
                  Yeah, Abe and I were able to get the old one out easily enough from the M20 parts car. However, due to the M50 being taller, i just wonder how much more of a bitch it'll be to move the wiring and get the motor out.

Time for a new bearing. As for cleaning the trans, I'd just spray some SuperClean (aka Purple Power) and pressure wash the shit out of it. Make sure to put the bell housing on the ground, but I'm sure you knew that.

Comment

^ Jesus fuck that part isn't cheap :crazy: Thanks for the heads up though.
                    Originally posted by James Crivellone
                    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

40 bucks isn't that bad. Check to see how much blunt will get it to you for.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Think of it as security. Do you really want to pull the trans and related driveline materials out in 6 months when/if the throwout bearing takes a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                          please take note of the badass sig i have now. i finally feel like part of the R3V family :) Thanks Austin
                          New sig is weaksauce.:D

Comment

..and yours is boring. What's your point?

:P

if I can't get BF3 to download any faster, I may create something truly atrocious for myself. (looking for as many annoying gif's as possible)
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Whoop-de-fucking-do. I spent literally 90 seconds making it on photobucket. Shoot me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                                Your sig is really big...

Does anyone have a 1988 front bumper shock that they don't want?
                                1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
                                2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
                                1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Working...
                                X