No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the holy fuck have you been the last week?

Haruko, holy giant shoe collection. I like shoes. They all end up getting dirty and retired to daily work shoes. My favorite pairs are my AJ1 Retro Celtics/Bulls from the DMP 60+ pack. Never even had a foot in them. They're my "oh shit, I really fucked up and need a quick $250" fund. Lol.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Sorry, pulled a 5toes.
      Im all caught up now lol
      sigpic

Comment

So, what you mean to say is that you caught a patch of "ise" while practicing yo' mad driziftin skillz and r3v'ed your E30?
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Because Racecar bro.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not really interested in keeping these wheels. I'd be interested in other 5x120 wheels, or cash. Price wise is debatable as I have a set of run flat tires, and non run flat tires of your choice.
            M Coupe

Comment

Phil, those numbers :(

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
              Where the holy fuck have you been the last week?

Haruko, holy giant shoe collection. I like shoes. They all end up getting dirty and retired to daily work shoes. My favorite pairs are my AJ1 Retro Celtics/Bulls from the DMP 60+ pack. Never even had a foot in them. They're my "oh shit, I really fucked up and need a quick $250" fund. Lol.
              Damn you got some good taste there.

I clearly got a great transmission as I go to change the input trans seal & as I pop off the guide sleeve. A brand new seal is staring right at me, so thanks EJKnight, now to just get some Locitite 243 before putting shit back together.
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

So done with Christmas.
                I dont even want to tally up how much I spent.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                  So done with Christmas.
                  I dont even want to tally up how much I spent.
                  Lockness monster said about three fitty
                  Originally posted by bmwm42
                  PNW vulture pm me for parts
                  Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

holy shit, after just 2 days at my new job i already had 8 hours of over time. as of right now (just got home from another short 6 hour shift) after 5 days of working im already at 57 hours, still have next week which is when i start 6 days a week. so i will be averaging about 68-70 hours a week.

i can't wait for my first paycheck.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                    That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

OT is not worth it unless you're really strapped. The government takes it all back. Ask me how I know.

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                      '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                      '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                      '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                      '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by kennyvb View Post
                        OT is not worth it unless you're really strapped. The government takes it all back. Ask me how I know.
                        there is no way around it with my job, thats just the hours because of the amount of deliveries. and if you fill out your W2's correctly and are married they don't take much more then normal.

even at that im going to be averaging around 60 hours of overtime every two weeks. so i will still have plenty to bring home.

That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

I suppose it depends on the situation, and I shouldn't have made a blanket statement like that.

With that said, no one should be forced to do OT, and it should only be on a voluntary basis (in a perfect world).

Even if a person doesn’t notice, it's taxing on the body/mind and will take it's toll over time (pun-intended).

You lose time with family and friends. If you’re young, you most likely have the energy and mobility to go out and enjoy life with the people around you.

2 + 2 does not equal 4. You will not get proportionally the same amount as you would working regular hours.

This is coming from a single guy, a year out of school with a student loan >> avg WA state mortgage payment, away from family, and everything else pointing to the best case to work OT.

But yes, in the end, it all comes down to work/life balance and what works for you.

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                          '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                          '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                          '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                          '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

im 25, married and own my house.

just switched from being a full time auto tech that ive been for the last 6 years.

when i took their offer i knew it was 12+ hours a day most days. if you know up front the hours you will have then cool. but if i had a job and they tried to assign more hours then what i wanted i would just not show up for that added time. simple really.

Comment

Congrats on the new job man!

Comment

I usually work 50 a week and I get burned out after Tuesday. 5 tens is ok but after a while it gets to you.

-Alex
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X