Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always loved ATS cups.. look at this '02 with them

Comment

I'm about to set fire to my fucking car, grab a lawn chair and a hoppy ass IPA and watch it fucking burn. It sat for a week while we had all of that snow. I go to drive it today, put the key in the trunk, turn and it won't unlock. I can hear it trying, but no go. I threw my DMM on the battery and it was just under 12V, so I figured the battery might be dead. I grabbed the F150, hooked up jumpers and it still won't fucking unlock (has ~14.5V at the battery with the jumpers hooked up). I shaved my door locks when I painted my car, so I rely on the central locking.

I pulled the plug to the lock motor in the trunk and threw the DMM on there. With the jumpers hooked up it had 9V at the plug (14.5 at battery). So I hooked up a couple jumpers and jumped the ground and Green/violet (unlock signal) wire thinking I could pop the locks that way, but nothing happened. I am now at a loss and will probably have to call a tow truck to come and slim jim it or whatever they do.

Any ideas as to what could be going on here? Did the cold weather somehow manage to kill BOTH of the motors in the doors? When I cycle the trunk motor with everything hooked up, I can hear the motor in the door, but it doesn't throw up the lock... so I assume that the central locking unit is functional.

Comment

Do you have a trickle charger? Toss the battery on overnight and come back to it in the morning. If you're rocking tiny jumper cables (I tend to think any jumper cable under 0g is tiny...) then the voltage will be there from your running truck, but the actual current travelling through won't be enough. Especially from the trunk all the way up to the doors. I don't know much about these cars yet but it seems their electrical systems are ultra finicky.
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by kennyvb View Post

The RM stock 6.5" width is a little too narrow, and $1100 is not that great of a price price. They have potential with widened lips and look better than RSs (to me). Though they're usually less desired and only 2-piece.
          That is sexy

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

anyone needs?
            -front plastic bumper mounts
            -two Fillister head screw

Transaction Feedback: -click here
            [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
            [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Hey does anyone have some elipsoids for sale?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

How much

-Alex
                sigpic

Comment

Are those bolts for the bumper?
                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
                    How much

-Alex
                    -front plastic bumper mounts $10 for the set
                    -two Fillister head screw $2 each

that's how much i payed at the junk yard, i make no profit, just good deeds i know how it is to be looking for a plastics and have shitty luck finding what i need, helping my PNW fam out
                    [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                      Are those bolts for the bumper?
                      yes they is

Comment

Are they allen or torx? The only reason I ask is because the other 3 I have are allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
                          anyone needs?
                          -front plastic bumper mounts
                          -two Fillister head screw

pm sent. dibs!

Buy my Eta
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=248238

Comment

Anyone here running a 292 cam? I have a lead on one that my buddy wants to put in his 2.5. That is a fucking huge cam though...
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Can I haz cam?

Comment

Also,
                                What should I do with my old subframe that has a broken sway bar tab?

Comment

Working...
                                X