Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What turned out to be the issue man?

Comment

Hey guys. Im thinking its time for a swap. In your opinion, what's most reliable for daily use vs cost? Im looking at taking a job with a 60 mile commute each way and I know after a bit my m20 wont like it.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

S50B30. Do it.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Pre TU M50b25.

Comment

Why would you waste your time on an M50 NV? It's basically an M20B25 with the slightest increase in power.
            Last edited by e30austin; 07-16-2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
              awesome! i love that there are the earlier failed attempts and at the end, "oh shit, turn it off! turn it off!!" haha
              Yah we tried for the first time at about 5:00, and didn't get it running until 10:00. Turned out I just had the spade connector to the starter on the top terminal when it needed to be on the bottom one. At the end I noticed that oil was coming out of one of my fittings and the oil filter housing. Both I only had finger tight (whoops).
              84' 325i -> PRO3 #304
              Powered by Manntechnik
              Work in Progress Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Why would you waste your time on an M50 NV? It's basically an M20B25 with the slightest increase in power.
                Little to no maintenance & better MPG's

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                  Pre TU M50b25.
                  Im kind of leaning this way over an S5X. Can't you still pull a bit more power with cams etc without compromising reliability?

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

Is your car an 87?If so, that vehicles doesn't have to pass emissions any more so, illegal? Hell no. Any exhaust shop will chop in some straight pipe for cheap. problem solved.

Comment

Wrong. Emission equipment is not to be removed from a vehicle regardless of age.

Comment

I've never had that problem, ever. If the car is over 25 years old I don't see the problem.

Comment

Technically, it's considered a classic after 25 years in WA and does not have to pass emissions anymore. However, tampering with a vehicle's emissions system is still considered illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Technically, it's considered a classic after 25 years in WA and does not have to pass emissions anymore. However, tampering with a vehicle's emissions system is still considered illegal.
                            While this is true, nobody will ever check it. I haven't had a cat since last year. I am fortunate to live in a non emissions area so I could really do it to all my cars however I don't think its the best. On our older cars the emissions were less effective and held to lower standards so there isn't much lost

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
                              While this is true, nobody will ever check it. I haven't had a cat since last year. I am fortunate to live in a non emissions area so I could really do it to all my cars however I don't think its the best. On our older cars the emissions were less effective and held to lower standards so there isn't much lost
                              My point exactly.

Dan, I want you to do a m30b35 swap, after seeing that super clean one in either sparkles or lucky hendricksons they look the bomb. The black powdercoat with white lettering looks period correct and nice.

But it is your car bud.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

So, this came in the mail today....

So stoked to install this, its for my dad's 540i track car.

Comment

Working...
                                X