No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian thats the price for a complete kit shocks modified struts etc just springs and adjusters are 400
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
      Ian thats the price for a complete kit shocks modified struts etc just springs and adjusters are 400
      Ok you got me! It is still almost double the price. I'm not trying to hate but some people can't take criticism. I would rather run H&R race than some random off brand coils. If I can score a set of GC's for less than 1k I would jump on it. Once again the money invested doesn't return equal performance. If you got stock sway bars please stfu

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        If you got stock sway bars please stfu
        Lolol, sigworthy
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Lolol, sigworthy
          Its so true, I have had so many people sit there and brag about how badass their suspension is, and when asked what size sway bars. they reply stock.

Comment

If you suspension is stiff enough you don't hardly need sway bars. I might even remove the rear one for a little more traction.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
              If you suspension is stiff enough you don't hardly need sway bars. I might even remove the rear one for a little more traction.
              You are not hitting corners fast enough then.

Comment

lol
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Grandma doesn't need a 24v to get groceries either!

Comment

It really feels to me that you gain more "looks" then performance.

You mad bro? Just said price per performance isn't very balanced. My suspension handles great and I hand selected and installed every component.

Am I a suspension engineer? No
                    Are you a suspension engineer? No
                    Does my car handle good? Yes
                    Better than yours? Who cares
                    As good as yours? Probably

Seriously though 1500 dollars? I doubt GC are 1200 dollars better than H&R Race
                    lol, not mad at all

Feel free to compare all you like, I will agree with you that H&R and Konis/Billies will be better than cheapass coils.

All in all it depends on what you want to do, but for daily driving of course there's nothing wrong with H&R's.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                    Correct; swaybars are for tuning whatever suspension you have. Not every driver will want or need bigger swaybars to get the car to drive how they want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      lol, not mad at all

Feel free to compare all you like, I will agree with you that H&R and Konis/Billies will be better than cheapass coils.

All in all it depends on what you want to do, but for daily driving of course there's nothing wrong with H&R's.

Word, If I had a S50 and huge brakes and tracked my car often I would be all over GC's. I still want them some day but I could get another E30 for the same price :)

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      Correct; swaybars are for tuning whatever suspension you have. Not every driver will want or need bigger swaybars to get the car to drive how they want it to.
                      If you put-put around town and don't do any aggressive driving I agree. For people who enjoy aggressive driving large sway bars are a must IMO

Comment

Grandma doesn't need a 24v to get groceries either!
                        Even more sigworthy. Lololol
                        -Erik
                        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Even more sigworthy. Lololol
                          LOL some kind of record, my trolling for today has yielded 2 signature worthy posts.

Comment

Trollolol
                            -Erik
                            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Trollolol
                              Gotta entertain myself while I configure these new cloud servers

Comment

That sounds Über exciting...
                                -Erik

Comment

Working...
                                X