PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
    I have some great IE stuff on my car (sways, strut tower brace), but have seen their camber plates, which are utterly horrifying. That said, maybe we should start an "Acceptable IE Products" thread, like the HF one.
    Do you have the strut tower brace with the S52 motor? Does it interefere? I plan on buying that next.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Do you have the strut tower brace with the S52 motor? Does it interefere? I plan on buying that next.

I do. Fits perfect. You do have to remove it of you're gonna screw with the fuel rail at all, but it's not that big a deal
      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

i have the strut bar as well. Fits good

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Ive never had a problem with Ireland Engineering and have several of their parts on my car.

According to Andrew (SkiFree) he did in fact tell me that the parts are produced elsewhere and then checked at their facility before they are boxed to be shipped. Not sure if thats a new thing since they had problems in the past. Its also a small operation with a big warehouse of parts. Ive been to their location a few times and will be there again on their open house next weekend.

Ryan, I also had weird issues with Turner Motorsports and it drove me crazy. Hang in there, drink a beer, bang your GF and work on one of the million other things your car needs. They all need little things. That will help keep you sane while it works itself out

Well they straightened it out, I give them props for that. However, I am still having funky weird engine issues... Once head is torqued you cant hand crank. If the heads untorqued it cranks. Feels like its fowling on something, or something is flexed. Im about to buy a used lower end and throw the head on it and go go go gi joe.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

I'm gonna change this tone a bit guys.

As I've probably shown, I'm new to the area, live in Portland now.
            I had to sell my running e30 to fund the voyage here, so on this coast, I have no e30, yet. What sort of meets/track days/awesomeness do you guys do here in the car scene?
            Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
              Well they straightened it out, I give them props for that. However, I am still having funky weird engine issues... Once head is torqued you cant hand crank. If the heads untorqued it cranks. Feels like its fowling on something, or something is flexed. Im about to buy a used lower end and throw the head on it and go go go gi joe.
              Uh, what?
              1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT4677 View Post
                Uh, what?
                Head on block = Doesn't budge
                Head off block = Turns like butter.

Everything is TDC.
                Valves unadjusted.

EDIT: Got sent a 81mm bore MLS gasket, stock bore size is 84mm ( If I remember correctly).
                So the pistons were tapping the top of the gasket every so slightly.
                Last edited by Wardie; 08-14-2014, 09:06 PM.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

I hate it when that happens
                  1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                    I'm gonna change this tone a bit guys.

As I've probably shown, I'm new to the area, live in Portland now.
                    I had to sell my running e30 to fund the voyage here, so on this coast, I have no e30, yet. What sort of meets/track days/awesomeness do you guys do here in the car scene?
                    www.portlandraceway.com - BMW and Cascade Sports Car Club have good track days.

The local CCA chapter is really active too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and welcome to the PNW
                      sigpic

Comment

alright, selling turbo stuff, still swapping the m30, but I have a new swap in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                          alright, selling turbo stuff, still swapping the m30, but I have a new swap in mind.
                          Coming to the darkside? I mean modern side?

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                            Coming to the darkside? I mean modern side?
                            Dunno, M30s sound pretty bad ass, 12v powwaaaaaaaaa.

24vs are however far superior in engine quality and maint.
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

Dark yes.

Selling my 91 e34 535i with clean title as well :)
                              New Coil, wires, plugs, afm, rotors, pads, sirius satellite ready Type S speakers, tires are good.

All proceeds go to new swap. 8)

I'll be enjoying the m30 swap for a good bit, but the e34 needs to sell before i leave for cali, and I dont want to the turbo parts sitting, assuming these sell, an early christmas present sounds nice.

Comment

Picked up a 3.25 LSD from the wreckers for $60! :D

Comment

Working...
                                X