PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
    Would you like some peanut butter with your Jelly? I am just using Austin to get to you

^ A pun at you! Hope you are a better wrencher these days lol
    Was that back at Abe's spring install? Goddamn, I was a noob...learned quite a lot in the last two years.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      Wanna just work on it all day Saturday? I bet we could have it totally gutted by then. Interior is all gone, pulling all glass out and drivetrain/suspension and sending it off to the crusher.
      how do you keep your parts cars moveable after you've stripped out the suspension and subframes?

Trying to figure out how to keep my parts car moveable before I take all this stuff off

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        how do you keep your parts cars moveable after you've stripped out the suspension and subframes?

Trying to figure out how to keep my parts car moveable before I take all this stuff off
        Leave ass end on jack stands, jack up front with a floor jack, have scrapper with flat bed lift ass end up and pull car with cable onto flat bed while you are rolling the front with the floor jack. Done it a handful of times and it works just fine.

Comment

Was that back at Abe's spring install? Goddamn, I was a noob...learned quite a lot in the last two years.
          Abe was a pretty big noob too

Once you remove suspension cutting is the best option unless u got a forklift.

Comment

Leave ass end on jack stands, jack up front with a floor jack, have scrapper with flat bed lift ass end up and pull car with cable onto flat bed while you are rolling the front with the floor jack. Done it a handful of times and it works just fine.
            Damn, that sounds like it would be great but I'm not sure it will work for my location...i'm in a townhome and the road outside my place isn't wide enough to fit a flatbed.

My other idea was to use a few of those composite mover's dollies from harbor freight that suppport up to 1k weight and use a 4x4 or two. I'll have to roll it out of the garage for it to be towed away.

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
            Abe was a pretty big noob too

Once you remove suspension cutting is the best option unless u got a forklift.
            That's a good idea, i do have a sawzall

Comment

Damn, that sounds like it would be great but I'm not sure it will work for my location...i'm in a townhome and the road outside my place isn't wide enough to fit a flatbed.

My other idea was to use a few of those composite mover's dollies from harbor freight that suppport up to 1k weight and use a 4x4 or two. I'll have to roll it out of the garage for it to be towed away.
              Ahhh, that's shitty. Makes things much easier otherwise.

I would suggest a few shopping carts with the actual cart cut off and just the rollers. They work quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Comparably in price, I agree with him. Why do you think Spec E30 runs H&R with Bilstein? Because it's way more affordable and works just as well for what they're doing.
                i would ask you to link me what you got cause i wanna look into it

86 blue 325e 4dr- Totaled :[
                89 red 535i 4dr- sold
                87 black 325e 2dr- DD
                84 black 533i 4dr- project

Comment

Can someone help me out here? Is this toes Mom or Dad? or is this the wedding video?

http://youtu.be/AFqhPaSL79I
                  Last edited by EN318isPDX; 10-09-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

^hahahaha, that would explain a few things.
                    -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                      ^hahahaha, that would explain a few things.
                      part machine, part human. full retard or maybe a transformer trying to blend in....

Comment

Ahhh, that's shitty. Makes things much easier otherwise.

I would suggest a few shopping carts with the actual cart cut off and just the rollers. They work quite well.
                        pretty sure fred meyers would hate me forever if i did this!

Comment

Kids these days

Comment

pretty sure fred meyers would hate me forever if i did this!
                            Fred's dead...go for it :rofl:

Comment

Just going to leave this here: https://www.microryza.com/projects/f...train-research
                              instagram

Comment

fuck you

Comment

Working...
                                X