PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
    Looks good, glad you finally got it sorted out. You should have just shipped the car down here, I would have given you the 'alpine vert' discount ;)
    Ha, I wish a trip down there was in my cards. I want to visit your shop since I know you service a good number of cool cars. Maybe I'll have you replace the control arm ball joints, both are on their way out in a couple thousand more miles.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Humorous.
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Humorous.
          Find me mini battery kit for e30, GO! :D

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Nope.avi

Anyone know an Alignment shop around lynnwood that will accept my lowered car? Im currently looking at Brody's since they treated me well with the exhaust.
            willschnitz

Comment

Nope.avi

Anyone know an Alignment shop around lynnwood that will accept my lowered car? Im currently looking at Brody's since they treated me well with the exhaust.
              fuuuuu.mp4

Just make sure it's a drive on (level with ground) platform and you will be good.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Ahh ok. Wish i didnt have to replace the stupid tie rod, then i wouldnt have to drop more money on an alignment. Im not taking any BS though if its harder to align.
                willschnitz

Comment

Anyone know an Alignment shop around lynnwood?
                  LMK where you go/price. I need to do the same

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Blizzaks are alright and will get the job done reasonably well. But if you need to go a step beyond that, Gislaved Nordfrost is the tire to get.

Nobody knows winter traction like the Swedes (where there is snow on the ground 80% of the year).
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                      Blizzaks are alright and will get the job done reasonably well. But if you need to go a step beyond that, Gislaved Nordfrost is the tire to get.

Nobody knows winter traction like the Swedes (where there is snow on the ground 80% of the year).
                      Eh, nothing beats my Durango with its 32" Goodyear Duratracs lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Yeah, I need new tires for the iX. I think I'll probably just get snow tires for the winter and then in spring get new wheels and tires.

Has anybody dealt with a bad cold start valve? My car runs like complete dog shit in the morning. It just completely lays down when I try to accelerate. This morning I allowed the car to warm up for about 15 minutes or so before going to work and it was fine. I was talking to one of my techs about it and he seems to think it's the cold start valve.

Comment

moved by battery yesterday and upon reconnecting the cables, it seems like ive shorted the tach?? this common, or is there a way to reset it?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Try Si board and batteries.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Im stuck in reverse and its not the linkage. I don't know what to do and can't find a transmission...:hitler:
                              CBAKE
                              86 Eta (sold)
                              88 325ix (sold)
                              87 325i

Comment

Originally posted by cbake82 View Post
                                AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Im stuck in reverse and its not the linkage. I don't know what to do and can't find a transmission...:hitler:
                                Sounds exactly like what happened to me. Either the trans detent is broken or the internal selector rod is jammed (the little pin that controls what gear goes where can jump out and jam sideways, particularly if it's had a hard life from slap shifting, etc.) Regardless, you need a new trans.

Doesn't Steven have one kicking around still?
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X