No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that dude. Kudos for caring about the dog's well being though. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      That poor car :(
      This^^

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
      1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

One hour until my first class of the quarter! I need to get some patches to iron onto a corduroy jacket, I don't have the look down yet.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Henna30 View Post
          This^^

i feel like an asshole

Comment

Just don't drive like one and it shouldn't happen again. I'd pull that interior panel and try to kick that dent out. It wont be fixed, but it should look better.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Picture of parked car you hit?

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

My 5er runs.. so much better to drive than the buick I have been driving.

Comment

My car still won't run. Did a compression test now it will start but die immediately. Sigh lucky I have back up crv.

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
                    My car still won't run. Did a compression test now it will start but die immediately. Sigh lucky I have back up crv.
                    Pull all plugs, crank it for a few seconds with the fuel pump fuse/relay pulled, then drop a little bit of oil down the plug holes, then clean the plugs really well. Reinstall and start.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I want an E34 M5 shift console for my 540. Anyone know where to get them for a good price? New or used, doesn't really matter, but not having a place to put anything in that car really sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by TYBG View Post
                        was driving like an idiot and a dog ran into the road, panicked to miss the dog spun out in rain/leaves and hit a parked car... feels bad man
                        That sucks...

As a rule, never swerve. As bad as it sounds, the correct thing to do is to hit the animal. First for your safety, second for the damage to your vehicle.

If you hit an animal in the road, it can often times be covered under your road hazard policy. But if you swerve and dive into a ditch, it's a one-car accident that you may even be ticketed for. Don't ask me how I know.
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Pull all plugs, crank it for a few seconds with the fuel pump fuse/relay pulled, then drop a little bit of oil down the plug holes, then clean the plugs really well. Reinstall and start.
                          Just tried this. Started up like always but died seconds later. The car will stay running if I keep the starter engaged.

Comment

try a dme reset? lol it helped with my car

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
                              Just tried this. Started up like always but died seconds later. The car will stay running if I keep the starter engaged.
                              Orly? That means you need to replace your reference sensor, sir. Works similar to a crank position sensor on 87+ "i" cars, but is in the bellhousing of your G260, reading off the flywheel, rather than the front crank pulley.

That sensor gives off a certain ohm, which tells the DME to send spark to the coil and turn power on to the fuel pump. If that's not giving the correct reading, then it will cut power to the coil and fuel pump.

Comment

Orly? That means you need to replace your reference sensor, sir. Works similar to a crank position sensor on 87+ "i" cars, but is in the bellhousing of your G260, reading off the flywheel, rather than the front crank pulley.

That sensor gives off a certain ohm, which tells the DME to send spark to the coil and turn power on to the fuel pump. If that's not giving the correct reading, then it will cut power to the coil and fuel pump.
                                Sir you are a genius I knew it was a sensor of some sort because it cuts power after it starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X