PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Lol. My 300k M50 swapped car would easily keep up my buddy's 5.0 foxbody 'stang.
    Haha yeah. Foxbody 5.0's are slow these days until they are boosted properly. A couple years ago at PIR I lined up with my soon to be sold Mazdaspeed6 against a blue Foxbody 5.0 with stickers all over it like it was a sponsored drag car or something. I was still stock turbo at that time running 14.0 all night and I didn't know why it was so slow until I looked at my data logs which showed my cam driven fuel pump was taking a shit on me. I beat him out of the hole (AWD FTW) and thumped him the whole way with a 14.0. People and their "sponsor" stickers. If he had half the brands on his car he would have demolished me. He didn't even have a full exhaust.
    1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

All show and no go. A ford pickup pulled up to me at a light. Brand new, and revved his engine. I just put my foot down, and took him. Autotragic 4 speed and 373 lsd. I just put my hand out the window to say good bye to the poor man. He. Then sped away in shame.

Its sad that people think they can win, or fool people, by just putting stickers on their POS. Keep puttin em down in our old bimmers!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
        All show and no go. A ford pickup pulled up to me at a light. Brand new, and revved his engine. I just put my foot down, and took him. Autotragic 4 speed and 373 lsd. I just put my hand out the window to say good bye to the poor man. He. Then sped away in shame.

Its sad that people think they can win, or fool people, by just putting stickers on their POS. Keep puttin em down in our old bimmers!!
        Man, I'm just hoping for a reliable cruiser with this 'vert, at least for a while. I'm hoping the autotragic stays intact at least until I can take care of all the maintenance bits and save some money. After that, I'll probably get carried away with performance and fuck some people up, hahaha.
        1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

BTW, what weight oils do you guys run with the M20, autotragic, and rear LSD? I have an AMSOIL preferred account and want to swap all the fluids in the car as soon as I can. Also, if any of you Portland area people want AMSOIL products, let me know and I can order the stuff at wholesale for ya.
          1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

20w50 for the M20, ATF for the trans (obviously) and 75w90 for the diff.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
              BTW, what weight oils do you guys run with the M20, autotragic, and rear LSD? I have an AMSOIL preferred account and want to swap all the fluids in the car as soon as I can. Also, if any of you Portland area people want AMSOIL products, let me know and I can order the stuff at wholesale for ya.

oh nice how much is the oil thru you i do need to change my trans oil and wouldnt mind some extra motor oil for my new super incredibly fast 4 banger
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                oh nice how much is the oil thru you i do need to change my trans oil and wouldnt mind some extra motor oil for my new super incredibly fast 4 banger
                Manual or automatic? If manual, what kind of manual fluid does BMW recommend? GL-4?
                1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

its manual i believe gl-4 75w-80
                  Originally posted by bmwm42
                  PNW vulture pm me for parts
                  Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I think I need to call AMSOIL tomorrow to figure out the differences in their transmission and differential products for the E30.

As for oil, SAE 20W-50 Premium Protection Synthetic Motor Oil is $7.85 a quart and $30.75 a gallon (four quarts). It's still a little spendy but if you only change your oil approx twice a year then who really gives a shit about a couple extra bucks if it does a good job in your engine. I'm not a dealer so I am not making money on what I order, so you won't hurt my feelings if you don't want any either. :)
                    1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Rotella 15-40 standard oil (changed religously), Redline MT90 in the tranny and 75W-140 gear oil in the rear s3.73 LSD (both changed every year).

1 year = ~10k hard miles. Already have 10k on the rebuilt stroker motor and still going strong.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

so i came back from class today to find out some mother fucker hit my right tail light broke some of it off and left a dent on my trunk :hitler: i am gonna find this mother fucker i swear haha i hate other people ruining my shit

86 blue 325e 4dr- Totaled :[
                        89 red 535i 4dr- sold
                        87 black 325e 2dr- DD
                        84 black 533i 4dr- project

Comment

Herro!
                          -Andy

Comment

Sup Guys, I'm In Oregon for another week. Anything local going on so see the e30 scene out here?

Comment

Where in Oregon are you?
                              -Andy

Comment

Should have come to seattle man...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X