No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I heard that about seafoam, I was thinking amsoil or mopar oil flush. Just wanna clean the crap out.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
      Yeah I heard that about seafoam, I was thinking amsoil or mopar oil flush. Just wanna clean the crap out.

Comment

Lol you're hella funny..... Not

Comment

If you really want clean oil I would recommend doing an oil change like every 500 miles with some good amsoil till it comes out clean, probably going to take 3-5 changes.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic

Comment

I use transmission oil in mine run it for like 15 then flush and change
            Originally posted by bmwm42
            PNW vulture pm me for parts
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I did something similar to that in my wagon but used the amsoil stuff. Not so sure I wanna do 5 oil changes though it would probably be worth my while.

Comment

Lol you're hella funny..... Not

SO hostile I hope you own a chainsaw, All I was implying is they are all similar products. Some people use them one way some use them another. Personally I've only run it through the fuel system. Engine cleaner is a poor man's rebuild, why fix it if it ain't broke?
                Last edited by EN318isPDX; 01-02-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post

Comment

Comment

Random question for discussion what do guys think of combustion chamber cleaner?
                      or that oil flushing stuff by amsoil? I forget what its called off the top my head but I remember I ran it on my last car and I noticed a bit of a increase on my daily MPGs.
                      Are you trying to fix a problem? I wouldn't waste my time with that stuff, like Austin said that stuff is really harsh on the valve stem seals.

Comment

Yeah, think gonna skip it. I was figuring it might help the engine run a little cooler getting whatever is in there out before my oil change but doesn't seem to worth it.

Comment

Yeah, think gonna skip it. I was figuring it might help the engine run a little cooler getting whatever is in there out before my oil change but doesn't seem to worth it.
                          Your cooling system needs work, or just needs to be bled.
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Tackling that this weekend, figured if there was anything else I could tackle before the weekend.

Comment

What's up with your cooling system?

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                                What's up with your cooling system?
                                M42. They are a pain to bleed.

Comment

Working...
                                X