PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    I love how everybody ignored my question about 24V headgaskets.
    Review the previous debate. Same rules apply. Go OEM or GTFO IMO

Comment

I doubt that entirely.
      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
      2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Seriously Andrew? I have been biting my tongue now for 2 years as everyone gives you enough shit I felt I do not need to chime in.

This is the chit chat thread, which obviously has its range of random bullshit and topics. Asking questions about head gaskets in here is not guaranteed a response as most all of us here have had this discussion within the last week regarding 2man's situation. Don't post in here all bent out of shape that no one answered your question, I am honestly surprised you constantly come back for more given your track record over the two years I have been following it.

Try taking advice and not challenging it. Just because you "read it on the internet" doesn't mean it is true. ANYONE can post ANYTHING online. I am fucking Gisele Bundchen and have a sex tape with her I plan on selling to Vivid Video. Truth. Not trying to be a dick about this, but c'mon man. Its the responses above that make people not want to deal with answering your questions.

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        Review the previous debate. Same rules apply. Go OEM or GTFO IMO
        This exactly. My motto with parts, especially ones that can leave you stranded on the side of the road, is to go with OEM or the OEM supplier (preferable since they are usually the same part without the BMW box tax).
        - Greg
        α Team Founding Member
        1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
        2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
          A force of great power, a group whose Freedom Bux flow like gringos.
          Originally posted by 2man View Post
          a bunch of dudes who like Blue Khakis
          Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
          Ask your younger sister.
          Originally posted by alexpage View Post
          Ask my sister?

Honestly I was expecting a bit more of an adult answer to my original question?
          Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
          or his mom...
          Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
          Nope.
          Welcome to R3V
          - Greg
          α Team Founding Member
          1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
          2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post
            Seriously Andrew? I have been biting my tongue now for 2 years as everyone gives you enough shit I felt I do not need to chime in.

This is the chit chat thread, which obviously has its range of random bullshit and topics. Asking questions about head gaskets in here is not guaranteed a response as most all of us here have had this discussion within the last week regarding 2man's situation. Don't post in here all bent out of shape that no one answered your question, I am honestly surprised you constantly come back for more given your track record over the two years I have been following it.

Try taking advice and not challenging it. Just because you "read it on the internet" doesn't mean it is true. ANYONE can post ANYTHING online. I am fucking Gisele Bundchen and have a sex tape with her I plan on selling to Vivid Video. Truth. Not trying to be a dick about this, but c'mon man. Its the responses above that make people not want to deal with answering your questions.

This exactly. My motto with parts, especially ones that can leave you stranded on the side of the road, is to go with OEM or the OEM supplier (preferable since they are usually the same part without the BMW box tax).

Well said. Goddamn.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Paolo id do it all. No sense in not since it is all right there. You know you will be kicking yourself if it leaks in a month.
              Originally posted by Sonny
              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post

Slightly off topic, PLEASE buy the Gisele Vs. Gregolas dvd when it drops, we worked really hard on this shoot. Feel free to leave us a comment on our FB page and if you liked the camerawork, PM me for more info. I was going for an "early David O. Russell" feel.
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

DRJOSH I am doing all the seals and Gaskets. Decided i'm gonna spend the 55.00 on the OEM BMW rear main seal and run VR for the rest. Reason being is if the rear main starts leaking because I opted to save money, trans has to come out, and thats that shit I don't like.

The engine is being built for my budget track car. lol... budget and track car in the same sentence. Kinda kills me too to be putting work into the coupe when I have a perfectly good iX that could benefit from some hard work and cash thrown at it... Soon..
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Comparison pictures for shits and giggles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359767778539.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	7151484

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359767799503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	7151485

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Oh I thought you were asking if you should. My mistake.

Is that a nifty plastic thing to keep the seal in round? No wonder its $50. But it looks much nicer than the other.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

My shifter is fixed. It feels better than any other shifter I have felt. So nice.
                        -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                          Slightly off topic, PLEASE buy the Gisele Vs. Gregolas dvd when it drops, we worked really hard on this shoot. Feel free to leave us a comment on our FB page and if you liked the camerawork, PM me for more info. I was going for an "early David O. Russell" feel.
                          I will likely preorder this and spank it whilst I give myself a David Carradine. With icy/hot

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

i love r3v
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yea Andrew Elring does make M50 Gaskets if you were wondering, It literally took me 1 min to look: http://outcat-cs.tecdoc.net/ows/en/E...dexFramesetJsp
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                Yea Andrew Elring does make M50 Gaskets if you were wondering, It literally took me 1 min to look: http://outcat-cs.tecdoc.net/ows/en/E...dexFramesetJsp
                                link fail

Comment

Working...
                                X