No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run of the mill? I wouldn't call it that, for some reason that phrase has a negative connotation in my mind.

I'd say it's a classic clean original-looking e30 convertible that hasn't been subjected to drift/stance/stretch/poke/aftermarket/toolsheddery. I like it!

Edit: Just noticed the license plate tucked behind the windshield - lose it ;)
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Anyone have experience with those tow-hook licence plate holders? I don't want to cut into the bumper on my 9-3 but can't find much on them except for a thousand ebay listings for unbranded ones.
      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
      2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
        Just noticed the license plate tucked behind the windshield - lose it ;)

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
          Anyone have experience with those tow-hook licence plate holders? I don't want to cut into the bumper on my 9-3 but can't find much on them except for a thousand ebay listings for unbranded ones.

Why??

I don't run a front plate on any of my cars.
          '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Why??

I don't run a front plate on any of my cars.
            I know that some of you kids have not gotten tickets for years and years, but it's like those three 80yr olds that say that they've been smoking for their whole lives and that it doesn't give you cancer.

I got a ticket in my CTS Coupe for not having a plate on the front and have been doing the front windshield thing since, would prefer to stick it up front without drilling into the bumper.
            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
            2010 Buell XB9SX
            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Run of the mill? I wouldn't call it that, for some reason that phrase has a negative connotation in my mind.

I'd say it's a classic clean original-looking e30 convertible that hasn't been subjected to drift/stance/stretch/poke/aftermarket/toolsheddery. I like it!

Edit: Just noticed the license plate tucked behind the windshield - lose it ;)
              Thanks, ya it needs to go but I am trying to avoid a ticket, can't afford my insurance to sky rocket. If I get the actual plate filler I will, because that will look more OEM and I can argue it.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

A ticket for no front plate should not make your insurance change at all. It is not a moving violation.
                -Andy

Comment

+1^^
                  Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

I got two tickets for no front plate in my old e30. It is just a luck thing I guess.

But yeah, it doesn't affect your insurance.

Comment

Some states don't count the plate on the dash as having a front plate, but I can't remember if Oregon and Washington are that way or not.
                      1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
                        Some states don't count the plate on the dash as having a front plate, but I can't remember if Oregon and Washington are that way or not.
                        In Washington as long as you can read it from the car in front of you you're cool, so tucked into the windshield comes down to the officer basically.
                        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                        2010 Buell XB9SX
                        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Insurance or not id rather not receive a ticket, its not worth it imo for a small cosmetic difference.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

I won't be running a front plate when my car is back on the road again...

I'm also considering running a Law Enforcement Memorial plate for increased leniency...

Comment

simple..

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

The only reason having a front plate is required is for a reflective surface so cops can get an easier reading on their laser. Cars these days are a lot less reflective with their molded plastic front bumpers.

Comment

Working...
                                X