X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 with S50 cams. Do it.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

And it works!!! On the first try!!!!!!!!!!!! It's unbelievable! Fucking hell, I'm gonna go get drunk.
      Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

first mix ever!!!

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Meet Heidi, She's a 1988 325, and shes beautiful:

IMG_1478 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

Drove her around for a good 3 hours, probably the best E30 driving experience I've had so far.

Enjoy the car Will! Nice meeting you and your dad. I miss the car already. Lol

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
          1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Originally posted by Henna30 View Post
            Enjoy the car Will! Nice meeting you and your dad. I miss the car already. Lol
            Nice meeting you too, you have quite the cougar farm over there!
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
              ^^ thanks, very informative.

i'm definitely dorming my first year and then becoming a resident after that and living in an apartment/house. i guess i'll have to rent a parking spot or see if a buddy of mine will take care of the car for me while i'm gone then.

i'm going for computer engineering.
              if you're a full time student you can't get residency unless your parents live and work in WA for a year or two. You can get a license any time but not residency.
              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
              2010 Buell XB9SX
              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                if you're a full time student you can't get residency unless your parents live and work in WA for a year or two. You can get a license any time but not residency.
                so can i not become a resident and live there with a license and an address after my first year? i don't understand why my parents would have to live out there in order for me to get it.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                  so can i not become a resident and live there with a license and an address after my first year? i don't understand why my parents would have to live out there in order for me to get it.
                  There are two parts to it:
                  1) If you're a student full time you're a student and not a resident. You're not working and living and doing things that "real" residents do. This changed in about 2006 or 2007. Some people have snuck through the cracks but they typically have to be working 40+ hr/wk and not be doing school full time. I've seen one person do both full time and sneak in.
                  2) The parents' part is a qualifier to get in-state because taxes fund schools so if you can't work full time in the state but your parents do, that's what's funding your spot at UW at the lower rate. They can't just have a house here, they have to demonstrate on paper that their paychecks are being signed and delivered to WA.

The state is well aware of the difference between in and out of state and that difference is there because they have to be able to pay for the schooling that you're going to be using. They've gotten quite good at stopping people trying to sneak into "near-Ivy" as it's called and not paying for it.
                  Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                  2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                  2010 Buell XB9SX
                  2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                  1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                  1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                  1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                  2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                  2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Next time you wonder why the interior of that car is so musky and moldy

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                      There are two parts to it:
                      1) If you're a student full time you're a student and not a resident. You're not working and living and doing things that "real" residents do. This changed in about 2006 or 2007. Some people have snuck through the cracks but they typically have to be working 40+ hr/wk and not be doing school full time. I've seen one person do both full time and sneak in.
                      2) The parents' part is a qualifier to get in-state because taxes fund schools so if you can't work full time in the state but your parents do, that's what's funding your spot at UW at the lower rate. They can't just have a house here, they have to demonstrate on paper that their paychecks are being signed and delivered to WA.

The state is well aware of the difference between in and out of state and that difference is there because they have to be able to pay for the schooling that you're going to be using. They've gotten quite good at stopping people trying to sneak into "near-Ivy" as it's called and not paying for it.
                      I did a year of full-time college + full-time work + my parents were working in WA, and that got me residency. Also, in my case, before coming to WA I was not a resident in any of the US states, so that could make a difference for me. I did stress out a lot about it though when I was applying to UW.
                      Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

Dammit!

My car keeps killing it's battery. I thought it was the aftermarket alarm from the PO, so I yanked it. Still kills the battery, just much more slowly. Unfortunately, I frequently also have to let the car sit for weeks at a time. This time: 3+ weeks later, it had enough juice to crank twice, really slowly. A few minutes on the charger and I got it to fire up.

Everything else on the car is stock. Any traditional electrical leaks I should check?

Comment

Put an ammeter or test light between the ground on the battery and the ground cable. Start pulling fuses one at a time and when the light goes out (or amperage falls), you will know what circuit your drain is on. That will help eliminate a ton of stuff.

Comment

Put my new lame steering wheel in my lame car.

Comment

That's lame.
                              -Andy

Comment

I need to do subframe and trailing arm bushings soon. Any brands I should avoid/favor?
                                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
                                X