PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
    His battery terminals are cherry, and he's mildly paranoid.
    Anit that the truth
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

sorry to hear that Austin, I read your post in the 24v forum and was worried it may have been the head but didnt want to say it. :( I miss driving my E30, but luckily I bought another fun car to roll around on while I build my 24v motor the right way (*Crosses fingers not to jinx self*)

as for me, Im off to bed at 11pm on a sat night. why?getting up in 6 hours to drive 100 miles to go auto-x a 36 year old FWD car :) should be a blast, even if it only has maybe 100bhp :rofl:
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Basically, long story short, I bought a new tstat to try out today and in the process of tightening the last bolt (13mm closest to driver's side,) it decided that it wanted to crack the aluminum where it tightens to the head and break off in 3 pieces. Sorta hard to explain, but the head casting is pretty shot. HG didn't blow and head didn't crack internally (as far as I know, no oil in coolant or vice versa.) Oh well.

Someone buy my coupe so I can buy a supercharger and do it all at once! hahaha
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Torx on the trans dust cover started to strip thus no oil pan change tonight sigh bad day on in the pnw

Comment

I moved mine today! So nice to get in that thing and drive. I will have it back by summer. I hope.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh man, Austin this isn't good. This is the s50 car right? Sorry to hear, hopefully you can get it back to good ASAP.

On a side note.. Got a compliment about my car today. Felt pretty good:)

And was going to a friends house, and it's a really windy road! So much damn fun! I love the e30...

Also saw a Ferrari 599gto.. And a gallardo on a tow truck hit in the front:(
              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
              1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
              (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
              1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
              2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Found the cause of my missfire!, hopefully this is the last problem, I gave away my other car so all I have now is my E30.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                  Hey guys, put new rotors on.. Very nice. Umm then for the first time had someone driving behind me. They said my rear wheel wobbles I was wondering where should I start? I don't have time right now.. But I was thinking rear hub assembly.. Wheel bearing? What else?
                  You probably didn't tighten the lug nuts down far enough.

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                  His battery terminals are cherry, and he's mildly paranoid.
                  Yes My battery terminals are cherry, but the left turn signal light is always weaker than the right side. Also I gotta order a new throttle cable...you called my last issue.

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  Anit that the truth
                  I am a very concerned E30 driver :o
                  Originally posted by James Crivellone
                  1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Just checked the torque they all torqued down. Can't check anything else till later this evening. But will try switching wheels around see if it does anything?
                    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

(GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                      Yes My battery terminals are cherry, but the left turn signal light is always weaker than the right side.
                      One assembly is cracked and letting dirt/moisture in? One's newer than the other? Some thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                        Just checked the torque they all torqued down. Can't check anything else till later this evening. But will try switching wheels around see if it does anything?
                        Wheel bearings, suspension bushings, bent wheel, unbalanced wheels etc
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

I just had a wobbly wheel, turns out it was a broken belt in the tire

Comment

Alright thanks guy will be looking into it when I get the time. It's only one wheel. So we will see.
                            sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                            1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                            1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                            2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

My tires are way old tho they cracking.... But I don't think that would have anything to do with it wobbling.
                              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

Nvm running stupid rich like I'm pumping out straight fuel...
                                Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X