PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iansane View Post
    Did you end up getting the right socket? You can borrow my set tomorrow if you want?
    yeah i ended up finding a set at my buddies house down the street even though he said he didnt have one but it was under a shit load of sockets

but im half way done i took the dust sheild off and the oil pan bolts all i have let is unscrewing the oil pump so i can let it drop in the pan and take out the pan but it been fucking tricky ive just been using this for help

but im trying to figure out how im going to put the gasket on and have it stay..

86 blue 325e 4dr- Totaled :[
    89 red 535i 4dr- sold
    87 black 325e 2dr- DD
    84 black 533i 4dr- project

Comment

I live near you and have a harbor freight engine hoist bar you can borrow if you need to pull the subframe

Comment

well im going to try to do it with out having to lift the engine but if you are willing to help that would be cool!

89 red 535i 4dr- sold
        87 black 325e 2dr- DD

Comment

when I did it.. I jacked the engine up from the ac compressor bracket... it worked great. start to finish with 2 guys (and 2 other guys cleaning as we went) took us 3 hours

Comment

I do not envy you paolo! I'm doing the pan in the suby soon and am not looking forward to it!

Btw saw the ix, and I might pass. Offered 500, but she is a bit attached, seeing that she is the 2nd owner since 93. If anybody wants a great parts car let me know. Red on black sport interior, no heated seats, manual coupe. Damage on the left rear quarter panel. Needs love.

sigpic

Comment

What's her bottom dollar?
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Imma find out today. If she jumps on anything under a grand i just might jump as well

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camren123 View Post
                  any you guys want a Yakima roof rack towes, rails, key, and a custom wood rack?
                  How much. Is it e30 specific, or might I be able to slap it on te shark?

sigpic

Comment

So she wants 1000 for the car. Someone pick this up for 750. Bring a trailer

sigpic

Comment

yeah i ended up finding a set at my buddies house down the street even though he said he didnt have one but it was under a shit load of sockets

but im half way done i took the dust sheild off and the oil pan bolts all i have let is unscrewing the oil pump so i can let it drop in the pan and take out the pan but it been fucking tricky ive just been using this for help

but im trying to figure out how im going to put the gasket on and have it stay..
                      well im going to try to do it with out having to lift the engine but if you are willing to help that would be cool!
                      You cannot do it without either lifting the motor or lowering the subframe. I opt for lifting the motor and not dealing with removing and replacing the pickup, it is not needed. The Oil pickup gets in the way and even with lifting the motor as high as you can it is a tight squeeze. Use a jack where the transmission meets the engine block. That way the jack is out of the way.

A small dab of glue around the edges of the oil pan keeps the gasket in place.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I need a fender roller NOW. Anyone near Edmonds that can come and roll my inside rear lips quick? I need to be driving by 3.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          What's her bottom smell like?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            when I did it.. I jacked the engine up from the ac compressor bracket... it worked great. start to finish with 2 guys (and 2 other guys cleaning as we went) took us 3 hours
                            Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                            You cannot do it without either lifting the motor or lowering the subframe. I opt for lifting the motor and not dealing with removing and replacing the pickup, it is not needed. The Oil pickup gets in the way and even with lifting the motor as high as you can it is a tight squeeze. Use a jack where the transmission meets the engine block. That way the jack is out of the way.

A small dab of glue around the edges of the oil pan keeps the gasket in place.
                            i have had some people tell me you can do it but i'm thinking about using a jack to raise it to make some room to take the oil pan out but i'm confused now that i think about it, its going to be a bitch to get the oil pump back in..

89 red 535i 4dr- sold
                            87 black 325e 2dr- DD

Comment

lol ryann

Comment

Nvm on fender roller, i put the bcaps back on.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X