No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yessss. I'll msg you on FB Saturday Morning. Always a good time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
      How cool is trolling really though?

I know right?
      Last I checked I called out some beef and that dude hasn't responded to my texts? Maybe butt hurt cause shit got too real?

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Its pretty damn fun if the other party is ignorant/dumb/etc and in a ragey mood. Most of the time my "trolling" is just pointing out something stupid and watching the rest of r3v facebook go at it attacking the guy/me/eachother. Its entertaining.
        "Cough cough"

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
          I know right?
          Last I checked I called out some beef and that dude hasn't responded to my texts? Maybe butt hurt cause shit got too real?
          Last I checked you were going to by style fives some Castro coils and like 10 other things you commented on threads on in r3v, I called you out and your the one who texted me all butthurt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            So what was the story with that?
            Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Kills me to know it's being parted out, Tom. After seeing the damage in pictures, I honestly didn't see it going any other way.

Remember the time I almost shit my pants when you decided to get a little sideways on a freeway on ramp? Never been so scared in my life. I don't like riding passenger during hoon sessions.
            It was stolen and crashed by some chick at a party who got ahold of my keys. It's a long story that I don't really want to get into at the moment.

Paolo that wasn't anything haha! As soon as the cop showed me pictures before I even found out where the car was I knew the frame was done.
            m106 1990 e30
            e36 daily
            e32 cruiser

Comment

I don't even know what to say other than I'm sorry for the loss!

You still have two E30s right?

clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Nope, sold the eta about a month prior. I want to get an ix.
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

E28 crapped out in my girlfriend tonight, my buddy went and looked at it since I'm stick at work he says

No spark
                  Power to coil but nothing out of coil wire

He went to my house and grabbed a known working coil and wire, installed it and apparently the coil is clicking??

I'm kind of the thinking it's the dme since the car is an 83 eta and has 019 dme iirc

I'm gonna go home and swap in the dme out of my car, look for shit he may have missed and go from there.

Sound like a good place to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crank sensor
                    -Andy

Comment

Where is that located? The motor you and I pulled has one but iirc that was the problem with that motor.

Comment

Will the m20b23 have one I could pull off or my m20b25

Comment

Now that I've seen the car, I'm thinking your right Andy, the crank sensor was actually rubbing on the crank(or whatever part that is) I also noticed my temp sensor is very corroded and the connections are lose. I'm going to replace both of these and hope that fixes my issue.

On the early models the crank sensor goes right into the diagnostic plug(no connector in between) how do I pull those wires out without messing it up? Or should I cut and splice, that just seems wrong.

Comment

Reference sensor. It's in the trans on eta cars. It should have a connector, but since the plastic is so old and brittle, it will probably break on you when you try to remove it. Just be super careful or you might have to splice it together.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              Reference sensor. It's in the trans on eta cars. It should have a connector, but since the plastic is so old and brittle, it will probably break on you when you try to remove it. Just be super careful or you might have to splice it together.
                              I had this issue on my old e motor. Both connectors for the reference and crank sensors were mounted into a bracket on the valve cover and the previous owner had annihilated them. They looked intact but as soon as you touched them the unhooked because the retention clip was brittle and broken off. For temporary sake I just zip tied around the connector to hold it snugly together.
                              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                                I had this issue on my old e motor. Both connectors for the reference and crank sensors were mounted into a bracket on the valve cover and the previous owner had annihilated them. They looked intact but as soon as you touched them the unhooked because the retention clip was brittle and broken off. For temporary sake I just zip tied around the connector to hold it snugly together.

That retainer your referring to had popped off, causing the crank sensor to hit the pulley so I'm gonna try replacing the crank sensor first.

Comment

Working...
                                X