No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a set. They have my old bushings in them, but they are old and falling apart. So they should come out easy. $10 if you want em. I'm in Queen Anne
    sigpic
    Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
    88 Alpine 325i
    1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Anyone have any experience with dynasport in portland area? I'm going to be looking for a place to diagnose my pinging soon. I have already tried everything though so wherever I go needs to have techs with some actual talent and not just be able to read a shop manual. If anyone has other suggestions please let me know. I don't expect anyone to actually find anything but I figured I would at least try before I pull the motor.

Here is my diagnosis thread if any of you want to be promoted to "24v God"

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
        Anyone have any experience with dynasport in portland area? I'm going to be looking for a place to diagnose my pinging soon. I have already tried everything though so wherever I go needs to have techs with some actual talent and not just be able to read a shop manual. If anyone has other suggestions please let me know. I don't expect anyone to actually find anything but I figured I would at least try before I pull the motor.

Here is my diagnosis thread if any of you want to be promoted to "24v God"

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=325838
        Do you have a list of what you have replaced? Is this all you have replaced? How do your injectors look?

Things I have tried:
        New knock sensors. The original ones looked pretty shitty.
        Cleaned maf (and icv while I was at it).
        Smoke tested it and found a leak between the intake and the head around #6.
        Installed all new intake gaskets and new intake air temperature sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          Do you have a list of what you have replaced? Is this all you have replaced? How do your injectors look?
          I can make a new list but the things you quoted are just the things I replaced before I even started the thread. By this point I have replaced about everything but the engine.
          My injectors "look" brand new. They are probably the cleanest I have ever seen. That being said they could still be clogged on the inside.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I can make a new list but the things you quoted are just the things I replaced before I even started the thread. By this point I have replaced about everything but the engine.
            My injectors "look" brand new. They are probably the cleanest I have ever seen. That being said they could still be clogged on the inside.
            Reman's are fairly cheap. I've got a set that I've still not put into my M50 since all my focus is now on the S52. Also what tune are you using?

Comment

Reman's are fairly cheap. I've got a set that I've still not put into my M50 since all my focus is now on the S52. Also what tune are you using?
              I was on the same stock tune for years then it started pinging and I have since moved to a squid tune for the s50 cams and rebuilt vanos I installed a few months ago and it still pings. I have used three chips and two ECUs with no change. If you are not using the rebuilt injectors wanna sell them?

Comment

I was on the same stock tune for years then it started pinging and I have since moved to a squid tune for the s50 cams and rebuilt vanos I installed a few months ago and it still pings. I have used three chips and two ECUs with no change. If you are not using the rebuilt injectors wanna sell them?
                Yea but they are just stock M50 injectors.. Perhaps you should try S50 injectors?

Paid 62$ shipped for em

Comment

Yea but they are just stock M50 injectors.. Perhaps you should try S50 injectors?

Paid 62$ shipped for em
                  S50 injectors are the same as m50.
                  I do have some m52/s52 injectors sitting around I could try too though.

Comment

Change your whole fuel rail with injectors, if you have one.

Don't feel like the reading the whole thread, but did you change the engine harness?
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Change your whole fuel rail with injectors, if you have one.

Don't feel like the reading the whole thread, but did you change the engine harness?
                      Not yet but I have one around.

Comment

Not that they ever go bad, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to change it.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Car Enthusiast Podcasts... Who listens to what?

I've been listening to The Smoking Tire podcast. I have a feeling there has got to be a ton more quality ones. Anyone got ideas? Hope y'all had a great weekend.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Fast lane daily. Wishno listens to it, I need an apple device to get em, my table dosnt like I tunes

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              Fast lane daily. Wishno listens to it, I need an apple device to get em, my table dosnt like I tunes
                              wut

Comment

Tablet*

In response to Paolo's post

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X