No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for so much feedback. Now, I wish I was closer to PDX, I would have Skip do the work, these ronals are hard to find. At the same time, the bend probably doesnt need repaired... the old tire held air just fine. They are budget wheels that I am just going to paint silver and run on my e28 over the Summer.

Comment

Im currently having my wheels repaired at Seattle Wheel repair, the first time I got them back they looked great, they were just the wrong color :P
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Nice. I am eagerly awaiting my package from blunt coming tomorrow morning... shouldda been here days ago. Just busted a nut, off the e28 of course - the getrag 260's output shaft nut was stubborn but eventually came loose with pb blaster + heat.

vibration dampener is in the trash and selector rod joint cleaned for re-assembly.. need to get two new orings from napa for it and Im set. Really excited to see how close I can get to having no play in the shifter.

havent had my bimmer drive able for almost two weeks :(

Comment

Who needs an E30 m3 when they are approaching the price range of this beauty:

Bid for the chance to own a 1966 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #273.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

I used a mobile guy in Denver, don't remember who it was. This was at least 5-6 years ago...
            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Make sure you replace those body plugs! Replaced this gem yesterday, bottom of carpet foam was damp..
              Attached Files

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                Make sure you replace those body plugs! Replaced this gem yesterday, bottom of carpet foam was damp..

Ha ha ha! The PO had water issues in my car, so instead of cleaning the elephant trunk he popped the passenger side footwell one and left it there. I fixed it when I replaced my carpet with one I ordered from Blunt.
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

What the hell, I thought in WA state if a car is 25 years or older it qualifies for collector plates? I just went renew my plates and they're now saying it's 30 years. Has it always been 30 years and I'm just dumb?

Comment

What do you use your e30 for? You will only be able to use it for auto shows, classic car events, etc. if you register it as a classic. I am not sure if it has always been 30 years, but it is currently. http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...collector.html

Daniel
                    1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                    2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Classic plates means it's a "Sunday Cruise" car, not a commuter and not a daily. You can randomly decide to take it out any day you want, but it can't be your main conveyance. Realistically to prove that you'd need to show that they only have one car or that they drive it.....a lot. So make sure if you have classic plates not to daily, especially somewhere it would be noticed.
                      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                      2010 Buell XB9SX
                      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Are you confusing emissions and classic status?
                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I don't think that either of us are, classic car plates are for 30+ years (as per the above link) and is intended for special occasion vehicles. They also don't have to pass emissions, sure, but I don't think that we were talking about that.
                          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                          2010 Buell XB9SX
                          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                            Are you confusing emissions and classic status?
                            Well I know a car is emission exempt after 25 years but, I thought it deems it collector plate worthy as well.

I fully aware of the stipulations Collector plates as far what can & can't be done.

Comment

22,000 miles..really? Asking plenty of money. You wonder how a car sat around that long never driven.

'87 eta(?), comfort seats, auto, minor dings, pretty clean.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                                I don't think that either of us are, classic car plates are for 30+ years (as per the above link) and is intended for special occasion vehicles. They also don't have to pass emissions, sure, but I don't think that we were talking about that.
                                It's easy to make the jump from being emissions exempt to classic status. I thought the same thing when mine became emissions exempt. Of course a classic car doesn't need to pass emissions.
                                Originally posted by Sonny
                                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Working...
                                X