No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, cherish the time you get to spend with your Dad working on cars. My dad is also into cars but has never been around so I never got to do anything like that. Don't know if I ever will. Enjoy that shit bruh.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
      Kevin, Tomorrow night, 7:45 - i'll roll up in the iX. You got time for a beer?

Will, I want to see that floor! I'm getting ready to do mine and i'm not sure if I want to use the little specks for "grip" and aesthetics. Also need ideas for wall paint, kinda want white on the 3/4 upper half of the walls and maybe a darker color for the bottom 1/4th w/ some kind of pinstripe(s) to break things up a bit.
      We grabbed the behr floor epoxy without the flakes, the flakes are the reason the floor peels off eventually in my opinion. Had it tinted brown since with the behr you just pick any color you want.

I think we are sticking with white walls, just painting the cabinets black with stainless hardware.

I will, we want to grab a D90 sometime this year for roving around in, something to work on.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

also, cherish the time you get to spend with your dad working on cars. My dad is also into cars but has never been around so i never got to do anything like that. Don't know if i ever will. Enjoy that shit bruh.
        word.
        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Kevin, Tomorrow night, 7:45 - i'll roll up in the iX. You got time for a beer?

Will, I want to see that floor! I'm getting ready to do mine and i'm not sure if I want to use the little specks for "grip" and aesthetics. Also need ideas for wall paint, kinda want white on the 3/4 upper half of the walls and maybe a darker color for the bottom 1/4th w/ some kind of pinstripe(s) to break things up a bit.
          Text me before you come. I'm down.

Comment

I will, i'll text you before I leave work. Then it's Bus, Bike, Beer, Home. lol.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

That is a nice commute.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                I think we are sticking with white walls, just painting the cabinets black with stainless hardware.

I will, we want to grab a D90 sometime this year for roving around in, something to work on.
                Interesting thoughts on the specks... I'm liking the way it's sounding so far, stainless hardware will pop on the black cabs. D90 would be too cool!!
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

A D90 ... won't you be working on that a lot then? I heard they have lots of electrical issues.

Comment

Kev, if you need a wheel/tire to roll on in your 02 I got you. Also got a full set of steelies you could roll for a bit, just let me know.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Yeah, I might take you up on that. The spare seems to hold air but it has rust welded to the back side. You coming over tonight or tomorrow?

Comment

Tomorrow night, I also have a spare (they look like the wheels that our cars came with stock) w/ a good tire on it, we may be able to make something work with the set already on the car. We'll talk about it tomorrow.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                          A D90 ... won't you be working on that a lot then? I heard they have lots of electrical issues.
                          what electrics lol, Defenders really are not that bad, from what ive seen its like the E30, expensive but reliable.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

D90's have a bad rep but if you know what you're doing or have them serviced by people who know them well, they aren't bad trucks. We have a customer with a 97 D90 that he pretty much dailys, and also lets his daughter drive it every now and again.

It's a lovely white one.
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

That was a fun little gtg guys! Lets do it again real soon

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                We grabbed the behr floor epoxy without the flakes, the flakes are the reason the floor peels off eventually in my opinion. Had it tinted brown since with the behr you just pick any color you want.

usually this stuff peels because most people aren't willing to etch the garage floor with muratic acid and truly get it clean enough

Comment

Working...
                                X