No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a tempting replacement for my e34 that desperately needs suspension and paint...

'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

SMG though.
      1991 349is (wadded up)
      1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
      2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
      1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
      1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
      2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        This is a tempting replacement for my e34 that desperately needs suspension and paint...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5107745222.html
        I thought the ad was good but did you notice the "leaky puddles" around the front of the car. It's just a nit pick, but not the way I'd want to show off my well maintained car.
        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
          I thought the ad was good but did you notice the "leaky puddles" around the front of the car. It's just a nit pick, but not the way I'd want to show off my well maintained car.
          Pretty sure thats water, you can see it dripped all around the rear bumper.. Unless his rear bumper is leaking bumper fluid

Comment

Do it, Austin!
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Getting close to finishing my lighting upgrade. Set-up is Morimito Mini H1 35W with 4500k bulbs and Morimoto XB LED 9005 6000k. These pictures are just from the passenger side assembly with the wall ~15-20' away. I am anxious to get this finished and get it on the road to see how the LED high beams perform. I have read quite a bit that the range is not as good as Halogen high beams, time will tell...

A video:
              1990 BMW M3 - US spec Hella Ellipsoid lights with Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 bi-xenon projectors running Morimoto XB 35w ballasts and Morimoto XB 4500k bulbs in th...

Mini H1 Lows:

Mini H1 Highs (I was blocking off the left most edge here while trying to block the high beam, normally the stairs would be visible)

LED Highs:

Mini H1 Highs + LED Highs:

Animated:

Low to High animation:
              Last edited by hankolerd; 07-08-2015, 02:07 PM.

Daniel
              1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
              2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Wow you got a 1000x better first result then I did, I just have to order another part and wait for some more rma and I'll put mine together again.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                  Pretty sure thats water, you can see it dripped all around the rear bumper.. Unless his rear bumper is leaking bumper fluid
                  Sure. Bumper fluid is filled through the blinker fluid port right?

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                    which is even worse, means the paint is beat as fuck and he got it wet for pics lol.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes View Post
                      SMG though.
                      Finding a clean titled car is damn near impossible anymore. SMG can be rectified fairly easily.

Comment

The one picture from the rear end does seem like the paint is rough.

Comment

Amazon fire phone on sale for $150 with free year of prime.. Hmm wonder if it can be flashed with an OS/app to display engine readouts.
                          willschnitz

Comment

It was good having a beer with Paolo last night. Came over to see The Rusty Lady ... lots of savable parts on the 2002! I'm thinking of making a rat rod and driving the rusty shell until it falls apart.

Comment

Yeah, good times. Still got three Hoegaarden waiting for me at home.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

:pimp:Do you guys think this is broken or just a bad sprain? Pretty sure this is a first for a question on r3v.
                                Attached Files
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X