No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Death Machine 2.0 is ready for a shakedown, but there are some lingering issues:
    1) Gas gauge isn't working (should be normal e30, so I'll let a BMW shop handle it)
    2) Tach isn't working (no idea what to do for that atm)
    3) For some reason they changed out steering columns and put the MTech 1 in the touring instead of keeping the 2 from the coupe.

Current plan is to run it up to Seattle to get a uhaul of stuff from my old house, then drive it to Long Beach or SF with my stuff in tow.

Here's the most recent photos.

Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

are those plastic covers different? I dont remember but i thought the ones you had looked more simple.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

The LS3 covers? Same ones, identical.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Congrats on getting the 02 running kid325, 10 years waiting it has got to feel good.

That touring is simply incredible DrunkenSailor. I have been toying with the ideas of OZ wheels, but not sure they are for me yet.

I installed my bi-xenon lights this weekend, wanted to share with you all.
          About a 20-25 second warm-up time on the xenon's. A bit slower than I was hoping for, but I think I can live with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK2WJFiiYfE

Daniel
          1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
          2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Looks so much better, Daniel.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Thanks. It was 6 months in the planning, felt great to put them in.

I raised the car 1" last week as well, feels a bit better around Seattle now.

While doing the swap I noticed my driver side fog light was out. I did a voltage test and had nothing. I tested the fuse and it was fine. Just for fun I swapped passenger and driver side fuses, then all the sudden neither fog worked. I switched them back and still the passenger side is out now as well. So one of these days I need to track that down.

Daniel

Comment

New lights look dope. I really dig the .gif haha.

Joel it's funny, to me it seems like the coupe just evolved into that thing. - Looks really clean!! The engine wiring harness looks hella long - you can see it coiled up/looped up in the right rear corner of the bay, is that how it was in the coupe too? I bet you're hella excited to drive it. Good for you man.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I noticed that too. It was definitely that long in the coupe, I remember taking it out of the crate and just how absurd it was. Some of its ends are many, many feet longer than they need to be, especially since they all plug into an LS3 from the factory.

Not as nicely coiled this time for sure. At least it will give me something to do.
                  Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                  2010 Buell XB9SX
                  2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

True, haha..

So I picked up a DMM, fuel injector noid light set, fuel pressure test kit, inline spark checker, test light, battery bump box (JNC660), and a compression tester kit.

Feeling pretty good about my tool collection nowadays, just wish my compressor was working.. oh well.

Should have the 02 running WITHOUT that god awful misfire in the next couple weekends or so. I think I have a problem with the fuel pressure..

Will know more by next weekend.
                    Last edited by kid325e; 08-17-2015, 04:49 PM.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I thought this was interesting. I wanted to see if the LED took more time to ignite then the halogen. But it ends up the LED high beams are at full brightness before the stock halogen has even begun to produce light. The downside to this is flashing high beams at people (like pedestrians so they know you are stopping for them) may be a bit more dangerous now. I guess I need to get my fogs working so I can use them to flash.

Daniel

Comment

I have two positions open in my department for a division of 3M in Seattle. 40hrs per week, mon-fri, paid vaca and holidays, benefits, etc.

See craigslist posting for job description, pm me if you want more info!

m106 1990 e30
                        e36 daily
                        e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                          I have two positions open in my department for a division of 3M in Seattle. 40hrs per week, mon-fri, paid vaca and holidays, benefits, etc.

See craigslist posting for job description, pm me if you want more info!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mnu/5133419538.html
                          Pay range? My brother in law is looking for jobs. Ex-marine, good dude.
                          sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                            pay range? My brother in law is looking for jobs. Ex-marine, good dude.
                            $15.81
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

So I drove the iX this morning, parked it and before I got out of the car I looked up and above the passenger side sun visor there was the biggest spider i've ever seen in my life just chillin. Black with white dots.

Got off the bus, hopped in the car and this time he was chilling next to the check panel. Grabbed a piece of cardboard from the trunk and did the deed. I felt bad, but damn, I gave him like 10 hours and my sunroof cracked to let him escape. This ain't your house. You been evicted.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

sold my pos e30. learned alot.

feeling pretty good overall. kinda bummed first time i haven't had an e30 to look at in the yard since 2010. at least it drove off. cant wait to get a nice one.

Comment

Working...
                                X