No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ ha arent yo confident. that turkey neck, the plastic connector that clips onto the manifold loves to break with age. order a new one from BMW and dont worry anymore. both the hose and the clip are 20bux or so.

agreed sounds like a vac leak. did you replace the intake manifold seal and throttle body seals? not many places for unmetered air to enter on 24v

Comment

The turkey neck is the only thing that will cause a big enough vacuum leak to stall out (I guess maybe if the ICV hose came unplugged, it would do something similar too). The OBD1 platform is so damn basic, there's really nothing to go wrong.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I put a stainless screw into mine in case the clip ever breaks. It's not going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by kye View Post
          What subaru? I'm looking a early wrx wagons for the same purpose.
          Just a outback sport, no frills and just plain simple.

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
          How much for the e36?
          I will message you a ballpark number!

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            Turkey neck on the back of the intake mani. I take PayPal. Thank you.

Yeah... Wasn't seated properly.

Runs great now, thank you yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post

Yeah... Wasn't seated properly.

Runs great now, thank you yet again.
              Glad you got it up and running, sir.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Where can I source mandrel bends/exhaust fab supplies locally? Looking for premade stuff to start piecing together an exhaust, checking locally before I order online or anything. Thanks guys.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I need this in my life.

I'm still looking for a factory 'i' exhaust. Everything except the header.
                  Last edited by Savagefurai; 12-22-2015, 12:41 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                    Where can I source mandrel bends/exhaust fab supplies locally? Looking for premade stuff to start piecing together an exhaust, checking locally before I order online or anything. Thanks guys.

I've been going to Stan's Headers in Auburn for quite some time. Obviously not as cheap as online but they do great work and it's almost always stuff in stock.

I used their stuff when making my monster 4" downpipe:

Alternatively if you can wait a day or two, Columbia River Mandrel Bending has great prices and quick shipping since we're so close.
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Where should I start on checking for battery drains? My battery kept going dead last winter, I just assumed a bad battery, as I did not know when it was last replaced and had owned the car myself for ~3 years. I replaced it this summer with an Optima redtop, which seemed to be working good for the past 6 months, but went out yesterday to a completely dead battery (<1V of charge), after sitting for only ~5-7 days. The lights were off, and the radio was off, but I did leave the blower motor on setting 3 (though it certainly was not running). The only other thing I could think of was I had turned on the rear defrost, and when I turned it off the button was sticking. I thought I got it turned off, but maybe the defrost was stuck on? The rear defrost doesn't even work, not sure if it is a bad ground or what it is. I am going to check the alternator once I get the battery charged back up, but suspect I have some draw.

EDIT: Actually, a quick google search I think I have everything I need to track it down. Just need to see that I have a draw, and then start pulling fuses to see when it goes away.
                      Last edited by hankolerd; 12-22-2015, 11:29 AM.

Daniel
                      1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                      2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

@IronJoe can you put up pics of the rest of the car? Looks like a cool ride~!
                        1991 349is (wadded up)
                        1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                        2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                        1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                        1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                        2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

today's a good day.
                          -Received my reworked obd2 harness from RobertK
                          -Getting some Garagistic goodies in the mail
                          -getting my UUC ERK to finish off my UUC set up.
                          -ZHP shift knob from Hank

WINNNING
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Anyone know an average parasitic load when the car is off?

I am seeing a 3A draw. I traced it to fuse #27 - central locking (seems unlikely), door lock heating (not sure I have it), anti-theft (unsure), and OBC (seems most likely).

Last time I started the car the OBC went wonky, the screen was flashing all sorts of crazy. It has done it in the past, but always seems to go away when I restart it. Are these OBC's known to fail or draw power? Do I just need to take it out and check all the connections?

Daniel
                            1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                            2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Hmmm. I thought I was the only Hank.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

3 amps at 12 volts is 36 watts. What ever is drawing that much current should be warm to the touch. I think the central locking also share power with the interior light relay - so don't forget to check that.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X