• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WHE...VW~dfu&vxp=mtr

Hurry up and do it bradley, you know you want too :P
    fuggg those are sweet...

Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
    I got so excited there for a second!! I saw the 16 and 4x100, and thought that maybe they were the splits. I was gonna jump on them if they were... Haha. But nope, they're the monoblock ones. Damn.[emoji14]
    seriously...if they were splits, we would have had a bidding war...i might just say fuck it, and get some of the ESM hartge split reps. they look nice! and ive heard good things about ESM
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

The ESM aren't bad. But the Originals are still the best if you can flex it.

My buddy Ryan has his Hartge 3 pieces at his shop and I see them every time I swing by to pick up parts and they always catch my eye.

So sexy..
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I've thought about getting the reps too, just because the real ones so rarely come up and when they do, it's like I need to carve a part of my soul for them.
        Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
        Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
        1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
        1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
        2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

Ideally 16x8. 16s are perfect on e30s.

KILL STORY: took the E30 out for the first time In a week and did some night time cruising. A buddy of mine spotted me in his STI swapped GC8 and proceeded to drop second gear. Let's just say he was thoroughly embarrassed by Blythe the BMW lol....and now my pursuit for LTW begins lolol
          Im happy with my 16x7 though if I could get the same wheels in 16x8 I totally would...

If you are serious about going LTW status the wheels are something to take serious. Rotating mass is a big deal, so I would stay away from reps, ESMs, and any of those crap wheels.

Just keep this in mind, my 16s weigh 11# each, most weigh at least 16# in a similar size, usually more. Thats only 5# per corner, but thats a LOT less weight to be turning on each corner, and 20# off the overall weight of the car but just one piece of the overall puzzle in creating a LTW E30.

Dont forget when I raced you in my E30 when it had a 2.7 M20 and you had the S50 ;)
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm really surprised nobody has picked up my old iX, it's been CL for like a month..

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Im happy with my 16x7 though if I could get the same wheels in 16x8 I totally would...

If you are serious about going LTW status the wheels are something to take serious. Rotating mass is a big deal, so I would stay away from reps, ESMs, and any of those crap wheels.

Just keep this in mind, my 16s weigh 11# each, most weigh at least 16# in a similar size, usually more. Thats only 5# per corner, but thats a LOT less weight to be turning on each corner, and 20# off the overall weight of the car but just one piece of the overall puzzle in creating a LTW E30.

Dont forget when I raced you in my E30 when it had a 2.7 M20 and you had the S50 ;)
              definitely! thats why im high considering just going with the TRM's as they are super functional and LTW.

And i remember! but to be fair, your car only weighed 2450, while mine weighed 2850 plus an extra passenger and wrong gearing lmfaooo.:hitler:

This current S52 build would kill my old S50 car. I think it has alot to do with the Tune. Dave Markert just recently retuned a GTS S50 car and it made 251whp/238lb tq....super impressive
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

This current S52 build would kill my old S50 car. I think it has alot to do with the Tune. Dave Markert just recently retuned a GTS S50 car and it made 251whp/238lb tq....super impressive
                Dayum. Do you know what else had been done to the motor?

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                  Dayum. Do you know what else had been done to the motor?
                  from my understanding, its just an S50, 24lb injectors, B&W exhaust and some nice headers. but im sure theres more to it than that...has to be right?! because those numbers are glorious
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                    I'm really surprised nobody has picked up my old iX, it's been CL for like a month..
                    dude seriously.
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

definitely! thats why im high considering just going with the TRM's as they are super functional and LTW.

And i remember! but to be fair, your car only weighed 2450, while mine weighed 2850 plus an extra passenger and wrong gearing lmfaooo.:hitler:

I think you need to tap into your jap roots and get some volk racing or enkei's

and I remember!.. I was actually only 2400# at that point as I still hadnt installed my LukeBox :rofl:
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I think you need to tap into your jap roots and get some volk racing or enkei's

and I remember!.. I was actually only 2400# at that point as I still hadnt installed my LukeBox :rofl:
                        I've been thinking about concaved TE 37's...gahhhh damn

and effffffff you sooo hard simon....your car is too sweet man.
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Have you seen the new COTM? John's M3 looks so good with the TE37s
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Have you seen the new COTM? John's M3 looks so good with the TE37s
                            yessssssir. Im probably TOO active on these boards for my own good. Sitting at this comfy desk job allows for alot of slackage, craigslist browsing, and parts ordering.
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

What is the advantage of split wheels? Having exposed little bolts on the face drives me nuts.

Daniel
                              1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                              2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                                What is the advantage of split wheels? Having exposed little bolts on the face drives me nuts.

Interchangeable lips

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X