~~~~~~
      E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
      E30 325i SOLD
      E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
      E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
        Yeah then you wait, and pay markup cause we all gotta make money right?

Or you can call Olympic Brake in Seattle 206 547 3458. (They have a Lynnwood store too but I deal with Seattle.) and pick them up today. I just called them.

ATE Reman Calipers by Centric - 115.88ea + core

Girling Reman Calipers by Centric - 100.58ea + core

They have both sets in stock and ready to go. Just my .02 - also if you end up buying brake shit from Worldpac avoid WBR..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
        I'll definitely give them a call! Thanks for the heads up!! Yay for local shops. Haha
        Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
        Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
        1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
        1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
        2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Yeah then you wait, and pay markup cause we all gotta make money right?

Or you can call Olympic Brake in Seattle 206 547 3458. (They have a Lynnwood store too but I deal with Seattle.) and pick them up today. I just called them.

ATE Reman Calipers by Centric - 115.88ea + core

Girling Reman Calipers by Centric - 100.58ea + core

They have both sets in stock and ready to go. Just my .02 - also if you end up buying brake shit from Worldpac avoid WBR..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          Those are solid prices on ATE reman'd calipers. Best part is you could swoop them the same day! Im gonna keep this in mind...

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
          Anyone running laser jammers?
          i'll jam your laser...
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
            Anyone running laser jammers?
            Who doesn't love turning a misdemeanor traffic offense into a way bigger ticket?!

Comment

Lol, I just go the speed limit on roads and such, and on freeways at the most 5 over depending on other traffic.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Funny I've always been anti radar detector because I've heard from cop friends they are way more likely to ticket you for 6+ over speed limit with a radar detector in the window.

As for jammers, I just looked them up and it seems they are a scam and do not work

Comment

Not a problem. Those guys are good people!
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                    Funny I've always been anti radar detector because I've heard from cop friends they are way more likely to ticket you for 6+ over speed limit with a radar detector in the window.

As for jammers, I just looked them up and it seems they are a scam and do not work

I work with lots of police, and I think in Washington there is a grace number of 3mph where no instrument reads 100% accurate, wether it's your speedo, or their gun. So the ones I have worked with say, it's a waste of time to pull someone over unless it's 10mph + over the limit. As it sort of shows you were actually speeding. Few times I was in court, for work or friends, judge threw out charges of 5 or so over. But charged them with wreckless yata yata. And said "we don't need waste the courts time for minor speed infractions."

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Def not a scam. Al priority works the best, however it's just another tool in the bag and there's never a guarantee. 90% of the time I am just cruising not much over 7 however it seems that moment when I pass someone thats when I see the fuzz. I run a V1 radar detector ( works great for radar, blows for laser) and always pull it down when i am followed by cops. It has saved me more times then I could count. I drive for a living so I'm always in unfamiliar roads all over the country. Just wondering if anyone has personal experience with jammers.
                      F80 M3 Alpine
                      E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                      E28 Blackish 535i
                      E21 Silver 320i
                      Disco1 98 4.6
                      ~~~~~~
                      E30 325i SOLD
                      sigpic

Comment

I would also note, I tend to speed more offten when I have my V1 in the window. So, you might have a point there. Who knows how fast I would go with a jammer. I also use the WAZE app which has also saved me a few times. Gets spotty in the out skirt areas
                        F80 M3 Alpine
                        E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                        E28 Blackish 535i
                        E21 Silver 320i
                        Disco1 98 4.6
                        ~~~~~~
                        E30 325i SOLD
                        sigpic

Comment

Can I jam police radar?

Well technically yes however you will not be able to make your car stealth to a police radar gun and there are NO devices sold in the USA today that will jam or scramble police radar and that includes those devices sold and marketed by Rocky Mountain Radar and/or KAT.
                          In fact we offer a $50,000 reward to anyone that can show us one of their devices that work as they advertise.
                          Jamming police radar is a felony and carries a $50,000 fine and five years in prison to anyone that owns, operates, sells, manufactures, distributes or even markets a device as doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                            I work with lots of police, and I think in Washington there is a grace number of 3mph where no instrument reads 100% accurate, wether it's your speedo, or their gun. So the ones I have worked with say, it's a waste of time to pull someone over unless it's 10mph + over the limit. As it sort of shows you were actually speeding. Few times I was in court, for work or friends, judge threw out charges of 5 or so over. But charged them with wreckless yata yata. And said "we don't need waste the courts time for minor speed infractions."
                            Most buddies who are cops (and are not on Traffic duty) don't really waste their time unless they are looking for a reason to pull someone suspicious. Most cops aren't out to hassle the working stiffs - people just going to and from their work/home. As long as they are not being a$$es and not egregiously breaking laws, they will let them get to where they are going.

Remember, they have have to fill out paper work too, and like any job out there, it gets old. Heck, the last ride along I went on, we spent a lot of time catching up on paper work. My buddy kept apologizing, saying "I hate doing this stuff, but it has to get done.."
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Correct, that is Radar not Laser. They are two different things. Radar is not the issue, almost all radar detectors do a great job of giving you enough early detection. The laser is the bugger. That is pin point accurate and almost no splash, so when your laser/radar detector detects one, its too late because the laser is on your car.
                              F80 M3 Alpine
                              E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                              E28 Blackish 535i
                              E21 Silver 320i
                              Disco1 98 4.6
                              ~~~~~~
                              E30 325i SOLD
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                Most buddies who are cops (and are not on Traffic duty) don't really waste their time unless they are looking for a reason to pull someone suspicious. Most cops aren't out to hassle the working stiffs - people just going to and from their work/home. As long as they are not being a$$es and not egregiously breaking laws, they will let them get to where they are going.

Remember, they have have to fill out paper work too, and like any job out there, it gets old. Heck, the last ride along I went on, we spent a lot of time catching up on paper work. My buddy kept apologizing, saying "I hate doing this stuff, but it has to get done.."
                                This is accurate! Most all cops and Deputies don't waist their time on tickets unless you are doing something really bad or simply live in a small town. Or are under the age of 20! haha. In fact, most cops don't even have radar. You have to be traffic, motors, or trooper to have it. But all that aside, I think I am going to look into laser jammer. I have always wanted one, and It just nice to not have to pay my attorney anymore
                                F80 M3 Alpine
                                E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                                E28 Blackish 535i
                                E21 Silver 320i
                                Disco1 98 4.6
                                ~~~~~~
                                E30 325i SOLD
                                sigpic

Comment