PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
    So, My n00b is going to show here, But whats the AlphaTeam story?
    Alright, I'll try to remember this to the best of my ability, guys please chime in.

It started out as a complete 100% joke, after people on r3v started coming up with ridiculous names for groups of people that shared similar-featured cars. Stuff like "wagon mafia", "bronzit bangers", "alpine white power", etc.

We were at Joey's one night during a typical PNW r3v e30 meeting, and decided to coin the term as a satire of these groups. It was me, Brad and Greg that night. A few gringo ISEbergs later, we were joking with the waitress that Greg looks a bit like Orlando Bloom (we had his username officially changed to Gregolas) and Brad is a dead ringer for Pharrell, and then someone threw me under the bus for looking like a Great Value Keanu Reeves, and the rest is history. So yes, it started as a few pumped up single alpha males in their 20s flirting at waitresses

We started labeling all of our meets "Alpha Team" and most of the local area r3v enthusiasts piled on and it became an actual thing. We help each other out on our projects, get together socially, and many of us have become good friends. We still do Oktoberfest in Leavenworth every year, and we try to meet up together at most of the shows.

Yearly membership dues are paid in the form of Freedom Bux. AbeSonic is the official PDX liaison and representative. And after all these years, yes, Joel's status is still probationary.
    Last edited by IronJoe; 04-13-2017, 11:17 AM.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

how much did you score that m3 for? looks like a good find!

Comment

lol. Don't think I had heard all of that backstory.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Looking for this "alpine white power" group.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
            Yearly membership dues are paid in the form of Freedom Bux. AbeSonic is the official PDX liaison and representative. And after all these years, yes, Joel's status is still probationary.
            spot fuckin on.

This last part had me dying at work though!! Team Mascot is also Laurie...
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

if anybody would like to join the "m42 crüüü" please pm me - thanks. matt-b that doesnt mean you

Comment

Originally posted by RainRider View Post
                Looking for this "alpine white power" group.
                If there's another opening, I'm in. I have both 2 and 4 door variants :)
                And working on the 1/2 variation too
                sigpic
                Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                88 Alpine 325i
                1/2 88 325iX

Comment

And anyone know who this is or the story? Its been up for sale for like 8 months. I think it started at $2300 or something.
                  sigpic
                  Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                  88 Alpine 325i
                  1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    if anybody would like to join the "m42 crüüü" please pm me - thanks. matt-b that doesnt mean you
                    waiter, table for one please

Comment

Originally posted by dugly52 View Post
                      https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6045349072.html

And anyone know who this is or the story? Its been up for sale for like 8 months. I think it started at $2300 or something.
                      Actually, I need that shell. If it's rust free. Or at least close enough.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Actually, I need that shell. If it's rust free. Or at least close enough.
                          and I want that motor........;D
                          WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                          Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                          92 525it 5 speed.
                          80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Guys I'm in need of some help, I'm trying to remove my rear left axel from the hub to get at my wheel bearing and have been unable to.

I took of the cv joint and have tried hitting that middle assembly with the triangle on it.

It absolutely will not budge, took a sledge to it, even after heating it up and applying penetrating fluid. Am I skipping a step or something??? Or do I just need more power?

Thanks guys, replies and advice very much appreciated.
                            Last edited by Metallated; 04-13-2017, 04:38 PM. Reason: resized photos

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                              spot fuckin on.

This last part had me dying at work though!! Team Mascot is also Laurie...
                              LMFAO! I am literally laughing out loud in the Discount Tire waiting area!

I miss Laurie...only get to see her every once in a while.
                              - Greg
                              α Team Founding Member
                              1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                              2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                                Guys I'm in need of some help, I'm trying to remove my rear left axel from the hub to get at my wheel bearing and have been unable to.
                                Where you at? I can help. Been seeing your posts for days and I finally have some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X