Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
    Now how does that happen??

27 year old rockers being taken above 7k rpm on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did you break a rocker already?!

Calm down Beavis.. It's not a 4 cylinder.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        Did you break a rocker already?!

Calm down Beavis.. It's not a 4 cylinder.

It's probably a good thing, this car needs to go back under the knife for a while, the list of issues was growing pretty fast. I'm buying my old sedan back to daily for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
          Nah I'm happy with the m20, time for hd rockers and a bigger cam.

Well, the next time you smash that oil pan, I still got my old one I've been holding for you! hahah
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Go m60 and buy the 6 speed I have
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
              Well, the next time you smash that oil pan, I still got my old one I've been holding for you! hahah

I still need that for my henna car

Comment

Need some diagnostic help guys. I'm getting a very strange electrical issue inside my e30.

I turn on the car and everything works. Once I drive away, and hit say 3000 RPM, the window switches and blower totally die. I checked the leads to the breaker for power and nothing, so it's not the breaker switch. I can easily tell when it happens because the window switches stop lighting up. Moving the fan to any speed, nothing happens. Again easy to tell if I have the fan on, it cuts out and never comes back.

If I shut the car off and fire it back up, it's like everything resets and is fine again. Of course until I rev it over whatever that RPM is. Any ideas? The car has new grounds in the engine bay and I cleaned up the one under the gauges in the dash.

???
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Bad starter solenoid or a loose connection at the solenoid. The starter is also self grounding, so double check the two bolts.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

unloader relays, without a doubt.

Originally posted by alphateamclubhandbook

These two relays K5 and K7, if both are fitted, normaly have +12 volts on the top of the relay coil when ignition is ON. The lower side of these relay coils are grounded via the Black/Green wire...through the starter motor windings...provided the starter motor is at rest. So these K5/K7 relays are energized and allow the items mentioned above to function normally.

When the starter motor is activated, the Black/Green wire now gets +12 volts on it.
                    The K5/K7 relays now have +12 volts on both sides of the relay coils so the relays power down and power is dropped to the items above so that the starter motor has maximum electrical power to turn the engine over...this is very useful if you have stalled your E30 on the rail tracks at a level crossing and there is an express train bearing down on you!

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                      Need some diagnostic help guys. I'm getting a very strange electrical issue inside my e30.

I turn on the car and everything works. Once I drive away, and hit say 3000 RPM, the window switches and blower totally die. I checked the leads to the breaker for power and nothing, so it's not the breaker switch. I can easily tell when it happens because the window switches stop lighting up. Moving the fan to any speed, nothing happens. Again easy to tell if I have the fan on, it cuts out and never comes back.

If I shut the car off and fire it back up, it's like everything resets and is fine again. Of course until I rev it over whatever that RPM is. Any ideas? The car has new grounds in the engine bay and I cleaned up the one under the gauges in the dash.

???
                      i had a similar issue, had to ground the starter

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

Picked up my new/old e30 tonight I love this car. I can't believe I was dumb enough to sell it.

Last edited by Pdxseth; 04-18-2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Glad you got her back! Must feel good to drive after such a long time.

I finally got my bearing in and axel back together, so much quieter. Even having the car parked for two weeks though felt like forever, can't imagine going longer...

And thanks again RainRider, I couldn't have gotten it done without your tools and expertise!

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                            Glad you got her back! Must feel good to drive after such a long time.

I finally got my bearing in and axel back together, so much quieter. Even having the car parked for two weeks though felt like forever, can't imagine going longer...

It's feels great, the car has had a lot of work done and feels much better than it ever had before.

That's great you got your axel back together my coupe needs an axel bad that was one of the deciding factors to park it for a what's probably going to be at least a year.

Comment

Your welcome, I know what it's like being stuck on a project by one ornery part. Glad you got her done.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                I still need that for my henna car

Just let me know when you want it man, It's got your name on it, and it aint going anywhere.
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X