Clear All

Anyone sitting on some euroweaves?
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

not me.

Anyone going to bimmerfest? Im flying down

If your going lmk, so the PNW can hang together, since we dont like california people

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post

Doesn't sound like very comfortable seating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Waffle butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

wafflestomper

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
              I'd be interested in just one if anyone has a decent one laying around. Doesn't have to be perfect but would like it to be true. Just bought a nice set for my 325iS and it would be nice to have a semi matching spare even if it isn't as pristine as my full set.

Jon

Comment

I think I might have a single one floating around. I'll look this week..

Where are you located Jon?
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

really wanting a Porsche 924 for a fun project.. thoughts?

they seem cheap to enjoy and mod, well cheap as in about the same cost as an e30. non interference engine with enough power. I dont care about small nuances not working

Comment

the least desirable porsche ever made

Comment

so? doesnt mean it can't be fun to drive. I dont need a lot of power to enjoy driving... and these cars certainly handle good. you never see them!

Comment

...run away. Run away fast. They handle like crap, are terrible to work on, and just all around pieces of sh*t.

I speak from experience.

Even though it's a fancy VW - VW gave up on it, and went with the Scirocco instead. That should tell you something.

If you want a liquid cooled front engine/RWD Porsche - find a 944.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

specific examples Jeremy? I have been reading some tidbits and the engine seems straightforward to work on. The rear suspension is different but not overly complicated. I know they have electrical issues but that doesnt bother me.

Comment

The motor tends to overheat. A lot.

The manual transaxle is in the rear and was actually designed for a FWD, so it's a CF to work with. Everything seems to be in the way of everything else when you try to work on it.

Not to mention, it's narrower than a 944, so always felt top heavy to me in the corner department. And unless it's been upgraded, it's drum in the rear, solid disc in the front - so brakes feel like crap.

They just felt cheap. And for the amount of effort and money spent to get any kind of performance out of it, you could have just started with a 924S or 944.

Spend the extra 1800 (or try to work him down more) for this:

You'll end up spending that much just trying to get to that level.

...or this for cheaper:

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I have been wanting a late 70s sports car for fun. Almost bought a 78 toyota corolla liftback 5speed with 2tc last week but decided to buy Pioneer CDJs instead (much better idea hahahaha)

Comment

...you realize the late 70's a low point for cars in general? It literally was a giant step backwards in performance for everything. If you want a late 70's "sports" car, get an E21 and throw either an M42 (your favorite) or an M20 in it. You'll be money ahead.

If you want something different - get a 76+ Vega, and throw a later Buick V-6 in it (direct bolt in) and turbo charge the hell out of it.
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X