PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a 944.

Most fun I've had driving our side of my 318is.

Don't get a 928 lol
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

well Id feel bad cutting the springs on an e30, installing lowering blocks (not on e30), adding a cherry bomb and throwing low offset wheels on, but an old rust bucket destined for the crusher... that would be a great new life for such a car like this https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6101116977.html

I have some epsilon 4x114 14x8 3 piece perfect for that car...

Comment

..then get the Corolla. They are easy as snot to work on, and there is tons of after market for them. Plus JDM yo!
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Hmm. I kinda want that corolla now
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            Almost bought a 78 toyota corolla liftback 5speed with 2tc last week
            My first car was a liftback SR-5, '83 IIRC. Looked about like this, but light blue:

It was a hell of a fun car to bomb around on the dirt roads of NE Washington, being RWD (honestly not sure how I survived being 16 with that car). It taught me all the basics of car control that you would hope any new driver would learn. But the carburetor always would vapor-lock on me, so every time I drove it I would get stranded for a couple hours while it cooled down.

I eventually upgraded to an '86 Scirocco (sold the Corolla for $50 ) The Scirocco was also a really fun car, especially fun in the snow, and was an improvement in practically every way over the Corolla, just wish it could have been RWD.

Daniel
            1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
            2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'm ready to jack some trannys!
              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

^ yupppppp that thing fucking rocks!

my starter motor was grinding fairly bad after the install of the RHD Engineering Flywheel. I drove it for 2 days bump starting whenever possible but last night took a closer look. The tin metal plate between the trans and engine was bent up slightly where the nose of the starter mounts. Additionally the reference pin was a tight fit into the starter body. I enlarged the whole slightly with a cordless drill on the starter and hammered the plate flat so the starter could be installed properly.

Still a bit of a grinding noise on startup. Should I worry? Engine turns over fine and evenly, and once running no noises out of the ordinary. When I took the starter off the flywheel looked slightly chewed up but was not even rough to the touch (visual only). Any tips? I dont mind pulling the starter again its not that bad of a job at all.

before the pin was not fully seated and it was obvious, but now the starter seems to be sitting flush and proper.

Comment

I rocked a 1980 Corolla for about a year. Basically this, minus the clear coat.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                    I rocked a 1980 Corolla for about a year. Basically this, minus the clear coat.
                    My neighbor has one that his (now deceased) mother in law bought brand new. When I was a kid, I remember it looking exceptionally nice for an old beater. After she gave up driving, the daughter/son in law (who lived a block over) parked it in their driveway...and there it's sat for the last 15+ years. It's super hammered now.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Is the guy with the natural rear seat still looking to get rid of it? Lol
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

...you realize the late 70's a low point for cars in general? It literally was a giant step backwards in performance for everything.
                        and reliability, looks, and just about everything but Corinthian Leather, Montalbaaaahhann...

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Can anyone tell me why my obd2 manual e36 harness has a female plug on harness for the cps. Cps on block is also female. So...

Comment

Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
                            Can anyone tell me why my obd2 manual e36 harness has a female plug on harness for the cps. Cps on block is also female. So...

It was Male, but never felt like it fully fit the Male role, and so it decided it was Female. It figured you would just need to deal with two Female plugs, and that it's completely natural. If you can't live with two female plugs, then you must have a plug gender bias.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              It was Male, but never felt like it fully fit the Male role, and so it decided it was Female. It figured you would just need to deal with two Female plugs, and that it's completely natural. If you can't live with two female plugs, then you must have a plug gender bias.
                              Qft. You can't just assume the plugs gender.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                I think I might have a single one floating around. I'll look this week..

Where are you located Jon?
                                I live in East County but work near Lloyd Center. Heading to Mexico for two weeks tomorrow but will be back (I think :)).

Took the car to the body and paint man to fix a fender lip issue while I'm out. I'll touch base with you when I get back.

Thanks !!

Comment

Working...
                                X