No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have good recommendations for a place to put a higher priced unique e30 for sale besides BAT? I went back and forth with them for a few days and they wouldn't negotiate on what I wanted my reserve to be versus what they "felt its worth". Would also consider local place to consign it.. Thanks guy!

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
    1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      Is your M52 obd1 or obd2? Regardless, it sounds like youll need an adapter or reworked harness to work with your car. The 84 has the square C101. If you have everything to go obd1, I say just stick with that route as its more money to convert it back to OBD2. If you're not that deep down the rabbit hole, then i'd say go OBD2 for functionality reasons.
      It looks like they lopped off the square c101 and wired up a body side connector off of something. It's a nearly complete obd1 motor, just need a brown top coolant sensor. Honestly putting the m52 into the 318is keeps looking better and better. Fudge.
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Henna30 View Post
        Anyone have good recommendations for a place to put a higher priced unique e30 for sale besides BAT? I went back and forth with them for a few days and they wouldn't negotiate on what I wanted my reserve to be versus what they "felt its worth". Would also consider local place to consign it.. Thanks guy!
        That's fucking lame. What number did they hit you with?
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

They said they do a reserve of 12k.. and wouldn't budge off that. I sent then tons of in-depth pictures of the entire build of the car and that's all they said they could come up with... so I figured I would try and look into other options

Comment

How much do you want for it Roman?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think he wants 18.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

12-87 316 up at Lake Stevens. Manual windows, m10, plastic bumpers...

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  How much do you want for it Roman?

I did have a small sign in it at the picnic for 18.5k obo. I had submitted to BAT that I wanted a 17k reserve and was willing to negotiate that. But they seemed to stuck at their number with the mentality that " it is likely to go higher if you participate in the comments and provide lots of pictures of everything". Which I'm fine with participating and what not but 12k if for some reason it didn't go any higher I just couldn't let it go for that.

Any local consigners people might recommend?

Comment

I did have a small sign in it at the picnic for 18.5k obo. I had submitted to BAT that I wanted a 17k reserve and was willing to negotiate that. But they seemed to stuck at their number with the mentality that " it is likely to go higher if you participate in the comments and provide lots of pictures of everything". Which I'm fine with participating and what not but 12k if for some reason it didn't go any higher I just couldn't let it go for that.
                    10/10, sole reason I will never list my car with BAT. That is such a fucking stupid mentality.

Comment

Any local consigners people might recommend?
                      Such dumb reasoning. There are alot of nice E30s on BaT but they are all run of the mill stuff. Plastic bumpers, boring paint codes, etc.
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

A super clean, euro bumper henna car is still an extremely limited market. Bat was probably just trying to cover their ass since it probably wouldn't hit 17k at their auction.

It's not going to be easy to find the right buyer for that car.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

I would start here and probably the BMWCCA classifieds. Those shouldnt cost you anything.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Craigslist is such a damn joke now jesus. Why does everyone think their used trash is worth retail.
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

Does anyone here have GT1/INPA/DIS and willing to clear EWSII and/or change an auto ecu to manual?
                              m106 1990 e30
                              e36 daily
                              e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                Craigslist is such a damn joke now, Jesus. Why does everyone think their used trash is worth retail?
                                It's always been a joke...

Comment

Working...
                                X