No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I keep my mtechnicas black and gold or should I paint them white and splatter them. I'm getting bored.
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
      Its either the e55 or an e39 540i Msport. Either are in the same price range.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

03 540i m sport. M suspension , m pars , m5 lsd, upgraded exhaust, and 6 mt. Just sayin .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        Should I keep my mtechnicas black and gold or should I paint them white and splatter them. I'm getting bored.
        I think you should keep them black and gold..

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
          I think you should keep them black and gold..
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

What car are these gonna be on? Keeping the 318iS or the early model? If it is on the 318iS, i say powder coat white, and then splatter with colorful Gooooo
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

if you do the splatter you need to call them skeetwheels

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                What car are these gonna be on? Keeping the 318iS or the early model? If it is on the 318iS, i say powder coat white, and then splatter with colorful Gooooo
                They'll be on the 318is. I'm getting a little bored with them now.

Speaking of which, anyone have a connect for a full exterior respray? I have a budget of 2k and I want new paint in late winter, like January or February.
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

They'll be on the 318is. I'm getting a little bored with them now.

Speaking of which, anyone have a connect for a full exterior respray? I have a budget of 2k and I want new paint in late winter, like January or February.
                  Lol. You would be better off doing it yourself for that budget...it's like asking who would do an engine out rebuild for under $500.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    Lol. You would be better off doing it yourself for that budget...it's like asking who would do an engine out rebuild for under $500.
                    I was planning on doing all the prep work, disassembly, assembly, and final buff out on my own. I don't think 2k for literally just a same color respray is out of question.
                    Last edited by ahrensNW; 08-31-2017, 09:55 PM.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Can you even get a Maaco paint job for less than 2k these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                        Can you even get a Maaco paint job for less than 2k these days?

I know I can get a Mexico paint job for a lot less than 2k in Yakima lol
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

I was planning on doing all the prep work, disassembly, assembly, and final buff out on my own. I don't think 2k for literally just a same color respray is out of questions.
                          If I knew where my paint gun is I'd Send it to you. The paint part is the easiest part if it's not a metallic. Good paint jobs come from good prep.

Comment

Just get a harbor freight gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                              Just get a harbor freight gun.

I've used a couple harbor freight guns, one to do an odd job at a buddies place, and one has a primer gun at work. Personally I'd just use them as a primer gun, and even at that it sprayed like ass. If you do decide to get one get a 1.2-1.3 tip, the 1.8 is way too big for base clear. Also prepare to lay paint down heavy, if you go light on a harbor freight gun it will come out seedy as hell.

I'm pretty sure that someone one that has never painted wouldn't really notice and the samples I used possibly arnt the norm.

Fuck now I want to paint a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                                I've used a couple harbor freight guns, one to do an odd job at a buddies place, and one has a primer gun at work. Personally I'd just use them as a primer gun, and even at that it sprayed like ass. If you do decide to get one get a 1.2-1.3 tip, the 1.8 is way too big for base clear. Also prepare to lay paint down heavy, if you go light on a harbor freight gun it will come out seedy as hell.

I'm pretty sure that someone one that has never painted wouldn't really notice and the samples I used possibly arnt the norm.

Fuck now I want to paint a car.

You are more than welcome to paint my abomination.

Comment

Working...
                                X