PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
    Just finished replacing my clutch, it took ages and when I finally took her for a drive this evening there was still a lot of hesitation under acceleration... :(

I now hope the issue is the slave cylinder and want to source one asap locally, does anyone have one available for sale?

Thank you.
    AutoZone It's 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
      AutoZone It's 20 bucks.
      Thanks for the advice! I just picked one up and had to wait a couple minutes so that lady even gave me 25% off!

Such a deal..

Comment

Idk. I don't think these kids' lives should be ruined. They were just being dumb, that's kinda what kids do.
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

Don't just throw the book at them, drop the entire fucking libary on their heads.
          Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
          Idk. I don't think these kids' lives should be ruined. They were just being dumb, that's kinda what kids do.
          I agree with both of you at the same time. I'm mixed. Normally in property destruction crime the person has to pay it back. But how can some kids pay back that much 100's of millions?

On the other hand, anyone that says "lock them up forever!!!" has never visited, know someone, or spent time in jail.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

how about they get to work as forest fire fighters for a few summers

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
              how about they get to work as forest fire fighters for a few summers
              I couldn't agree more...

Hard, grueling work has always proven to be humbling and enlightening for young kids. They dont have the mental capacity to understand that your actions will have consequences.

the worst part about it is how they didnt seem phased by it.
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

A more appropriate course of action would be a couple hundred community service hours cleaning up damage from the fire(s)
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

I would say six months in Juvenile Detention & 10,000 hours unpaid community service for the forest fire department followed with a permanent ban on ever living in Oregon, Washington or Idaho forever.

The amount of destruction due to horrible judgement is heinous, as should the repercussions be for the crime they committed. Growing up I didn't get away with much & some hard lessons have taught a lot of character. Time to get the spoons out of these kids mouth.
                  1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                  SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                  Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                    I would say six months in Juvenile Detention & 10,000 hours unpaid community service for the forest fire department followed with a permanent ban on ever living in Oregon, Washington or Idaho forever.

The amount of destruction due to horrible judgement is heinous, as should the repercussions be for the crime they committed. Growing up I didn't get away with much & some hard lessons have taught a lot of character. Time to get the spoons out of these kids mouth.
                    I agree with you 1000000%.

To put this in perspective, your typical journeyman electrician goes through 5000 hours of training to go from "apprentice" to "journeyman". That's about 4-5 years of 40 hour weeks. Sounds like a great punishment to me!
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

at 15 i knew that throwing fireworks in the forest was a bad idea. If kids at that age do not understand, oh well.

They obviously were mature enough to be traveling fine, and someone who was 18+ had to have originally supplied the fireworks ( voluntarily or involuntarily). I assume they thought they they were being clever and having fireworks was "badass", and then by default knew they were doing something bad. I mean people could have been burned alive, firefighters can and do lose their lives fighting these things.

Vehicle theft has resulted in this fire, looting often occurs, the forest gets torched, people get displaced, and lose their live stock, houses, and sometimes die.
                      I hope they get punished accordingly. I have no sympathy for shit head kids that "don't know right from wrong"
                      I believe the oregon minimum for arson if i remember right is 7.5 years.

So i propose a total ban from the PNW, 20,000 hours of community service planting trees in forests, and 7.5 years in a Oregon state penitentiary

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        at 15 i knew that throwing fireworks in the forest was a bad idea. If kids at that age do not understand, oh well.

They obviously were mature enough to be traveling fine, and someone who was 18+ had to have originally supplied the fireworks ( voluntarily or involuntarily). I assume they thought they they were being clever and having fireworks was "badass", and then by default knew they were doing something bad. I mean people could have been burned alive, firefighters can and do lose their lives fighting these things.

Vehicle theft has resulted in this fire, looting often occurs, the forest gets torched, people get displaced, and lose their live stock, houses, and sometimes die.
                        I hope they get punished accordingly. I have no sympathy for shit head kids that "don't know right from wrong"

So i propose a total ban from the PNW, 20,000 hours of community service planting trees in forests, and 7.5 years in a Oregon state penitentiary
                        10/10 sir Dolan
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

No trial just execute the kid.. Fuck, kids do dumb shit.. All of you are innocent i know

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

Agreed, 10/10, would support.

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                            No trial just execute the kid.. Fuck, kids do dumb shit.. All of you are innocent i know
                            You're right, kids do dumb shit, and we all have done dumb shit. But their is a difference between just dumb shit, and this. This shit is not excusable. Especially with all the fires that are already going on, and all the advertising that shit is as dry as it is. These little fucks knew what they were doing, I don't care what kind of excuses they try to pass off, They knew.

This is part of the problem we have now. People have this attitude that "they are kids, lets go easy on them." Then these little twerps expect to get off the hook, their peers see them getting off the hook, and before we know it, getting off the hook is the norm. And a slap on the wrist is normal. Then when REAL punishment is handed down, it's viewed as harsh.

I'm sorry, These little shits deserve to fry, they deserve to be made examples of, and they deserve more severe punishment than they will actually get. Literally millions of dollars and Hundreds of thousands of man hours and resources are being used to resolve their stupid actions. They are all 15 and older. If they were younger, like around 10, then I could understand how they couldn't have a grasp on what could happen. But at that point, with that age then the parents come into play. This is not the case, they are plenty old enough to know better. They are old enough to know that a firework that explodes can cause fires, and that we are extremely dry this year. And that there is a mess of wildland fires already burning that were caused by far less than fireworks. If they didn't realize all this, Then I question their ability to become a functioning adult.
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

You guys are a bunch assholes if you think that absolutely ruining someone's life for a lapse of judgement is ethical lmao. Every one of us has done something more stupid than throwing a fire cracker off a cliff.

I like the mandatory fire crew idea. Hand em a shovel and get them on a line. That'd teach them a lesson, without putting them below the ground.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

"Complete ban from the pnw" lmfaooo
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X