Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

205 will be fine as long as you are not bottom-out-on-a-Pop-Tart low.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        If the car just needs a VIN check for registration, it will probably be ok. They look
        at the various VIN tags, fill out a statement of fact, and send you on your way.

If it needs an inspection due to being 'insurance destroyed' or otherwise 'rebuilt' you will need to have
        a functioning SRS light. It has to come on with the engine off, key on, and then
        go out within 5 seconds of the engine being started. I went through this with a ti a few years ago-
        fortunately, it was the occupancy mat, and the clear held long enough to get it inspected.

The Bellevue WSP is pretty painless- they are 3 or 4 car guys who are happy to not
        be rolling drunks. If you show up with your paperwork in order, they really do try
        to make your life no harder than the law requires. I built a trailer years back, and they
        were very helpful with the whole process.
        And the ti inspection was pretty easy, too.

t
        For anyone curious, this is exactly true. They checked all the VIN numbers on the car and that the srs light is functioning.
        Luckily I was able to repair the issue (some asshat had jammed the connector together without aligning the tab on one of the crash sensors) and passed without issue.
        m106 1990 e30
        e36 daily
        e32 cruiser

Comment

I am looking for recommendations on getting wheels refinished in the greater Seattle area. Also looking for places to avoid.

I'm currently looking at Complete Wheel Repair.
          Originally posted by Sonny
          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
            I am looking for recommendations on getting wheels refinished in the greater Seattle area. Also looking for places to avoid.

I'm currently looking at Complete Wheel Repair.
            I had Cascade Wheel Repair in Lynnwood refinish the lips on an old set of SSR Type C's I had in the past. They're excellent, although not cheap!
            1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
            SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
            Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

I have mixed emotions about Dependable Wheel Repair in Renton.
              I brought in a cracked wheel that had one decent bend and a few small ones. They fixed the all of the bends and only charged me for the one which is awesome. However, the amount of material they added to weld the crack seems obsessive. in my experience, the cracked area should of been ground down into a V, then filled and smoothed. On my wheel, it definitely was not smoothed and required a large amount of weights to balance the wheel out.
              m106 1990 e30
              e36 daily
              e32 cruiser

Comment

Josh we've had really good luck with Alloy Wheel Repair. PM me if you want their contact information or just Google it. Lol.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Thanks guys, Ill check those out

Comment

Let me know how much it runs - I've got an extra Alpina rim with a small crack.
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Any of you smart fucks know if all 2016-17 gti se's come with fog lights? I'm looking into one in oregon and it doesn't have fog lights, the s and sport don t have them they also dont have sunrooofs or lsd's. This car also has the light package because it has the red stripe in the headlights, so why wouldn't it have fog lights... the guy I called at the dealer was little help, the internet has nothing and I'm waiting for an admin on a vw forum to activate me so I can ask over there.

Just kinda odd

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                        Any of you smart fucks know if all 2016-17 gti se's come with fog lights? I'm looking into one in oregon and it doesn't have fog lights, the s and sport don t have them they also dont have sunrooofs or lsd's. This car also has the light package because it has the red stripe in the headlights, so why wouldn't it have fog lights... the guy I called at the dealer was little help, the internet has nothing and I'm waiting for an admin on a vw forum to activate me so I can ask over there.

Just kinda odd
                        Off topic but I'd avoid the Mk7 at all costs. My car has been in 10x over 24 months for service. My friend just had her '16 PP/LP SE 6mt lemon law'd. The build quality is a total joke. My sunroof was leaking into my headliner. My car only has a touch over 13k miles. The only one to get is an R that's made in Germany IMO. It's been a nightmare.

SOLD

Comment

what is wrong with yours other than the sunroof? What was wrong with your friends?

Comment

what is wrong with yours other than the sunroof? What was wrong with your friends?
                            Mine
                            1. Drivers door, door strap broke
                            2. E-brake release button popped off
                            3. Entire shift assembly replaced due to warning light for transmission sporadically coming on
                            4. Sunroof leaking
                            5. Loud engine ticking (randomly one day) have video of it. Thank god it hasn’t come back
                            6. Recall for gas tank replacement
                            7. Passenger side rear O-shit handle ripped off the headliner
                            8. Update to poorly functioning Apple CarPlay inforatainment system
                            9. Random low pressure tire light with zero change in pressure
                            10. Diagnosed for loud squeaks and interior rattles (none have been rectified).

The engine and tranny are lovely and I like the ergonomics, size & looks. Overall it’s a steaming heap of shit in terms of build quality.

Friend had persistent issues with the low tire pressure warning/system. Replaced the entire diagnostics system twice as well as both the wheels & tires plus tons of other stuff. She told me she’d put nearly as many miles on it as she did the service loaners she was given over the course of her ownership.

Sad they couldn’t have put more effort into superior build quality.
                            Last edited by TFJR; 03-13-2018, 08:24 AM.

SOLD

Comment

That's surprising to hear. I've been watching vwvortex for issues and I've only heard of the squeaky sunroof. We're looking at buying a 2018 GTI SE in the next couple weeks. The build quality on the one we drove seemed nice.

Comment

That's surprising to hear. I've been watching vwvortex for issues and I've only heard of the squeaky sunroof. We're looking at buying a 2018 GTI SE in the next couple weeks. The build quality on the one we drove seemed nice.
                                Our was new when we purchased in '16 as well. The materials, fit and finish sempt far superior to anything we drove in its class... we even preferred the egronomics over a Mini Cooper S. I certainly hope I'm "over the hump" in terms of all of the little issues, but somehow I don't think I am. It's a shame as I'd have loved to have APR tuned the car, but I'm way to anxious about losing the powertrain warranty after hearing that horrid engine tick.

SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X