No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a customer with a 2005 M3 - Radio turns on, on it's own; On/Off Button is worn out.

Anybody have a lead on a good/used Radio/Head Unit out of an E46 M3. Needs to be clean as the customer is the original owner and the interior is pretty nice. That being said, we are open to options. Just curious to see whats out there - I know a lot of us are now playing with E46 m3's now.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Isn't it the CD43 Business radio that is the same in the X3?
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I'm really tired of my locks being ghetto as fuck

how much am i looking at to get my 4dr rekeyed? ignition works but trunk doesn't and who tf knows about the doors
        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post

how much am i looking at to get my 4dr rekeyed? ignition works but trunk doesn't and who tf knows about the doors
          I have a complete set of locks (ignition, doors, trunk, glove box) all working and with a key for $140. I can help you swap them out too..

Comment

Do you guys have any car shows Thanksgiving weekend around Seattle? Will be visiting the area that time.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Installed a 933 motorsport short shifter along with a garagistic dssr and poly trans mounts.

Sure, my whole car shakes but at least I only have to move my hand half an inch.
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                Sure, my whole car shakes but at least I only have to move my hand half an inch.
                I'll one up you. I have all fresh factory mounts on my e30 that is lowered and handels so well that it's almost not fun to drive on the street (it sticks a bit too well).

Z3 shifter and a mtech 2 wheel is all you need. Oh and a clutch stop.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

So I've already made the order for new wheels but I was interested in hearing what other peoples opinions on finish were. I had a hard time concreting the details.

I bought rotiform MLW in a 2pc welded style, so no bolts on the face.

I had originally just assumed I was going to go with a gloss silver until I saw their matte options. I presumed the nice glossy finish of the wheels would juxtapose the shoddy paint and overall haggard nature of my car. However, the matte silver and matte anthracite look really good I think.

I ended up ordering matte anthracite. Thoughts?
                  84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                  Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                    So I've already made the order for new wheels but I was interested in hearing what other peoples opinions on finish were. I had a hard time concreting the details.

I bought rotiform MLW in a 2pc welded style, so no bolts on the face.

I had originally just assumed I was going to go with a gloss silver until I saw their matte options. I presumed the nice glossy finish of the wheels would juxtapose the shoddy paint and overall haggard nature of my car. However, the matte silver and matte anthracite look really good I think.

I ended up ordering matte anthracite. Thoughts?
                    me gusta

only concern would be how well matte finish holds up to regular use
                    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post

Just rekey it yourself.

It’s not super difficult to do, more just time. I did it it to the Alpina. You’ll pull apart the one lock that works with the key you have. Then right down the sequence of the chips/tumblers..etc.
                      Then just pull the other locks apart and put the chips in the same order. You may have to find some other spare locks to make the complete set match (I had a bunch of spares that I robbed chips from.)

Once you get through the first one, the rest get easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

wafers, Plance, wafers. Like waffles, you know?

Our local locksmith's a genius at making them out of VW wafers,
                        so I just take mine to her. Seldom does it cost more than $50.

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Fine. Wafers.

You could do that too, but it was actually fun rekeying the locks. Learned a new skill and all my locks match now..

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Fine. Wafers.

You could do that too, but it was actually fun rekeying the locks. Learned a new skill and all my locks match now..

That's really a sweet feeling when you learn something new that nearly most people dont know how to do. Makes you feel more valuable, even though nobody cares.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                              Makes you feel more valuable, even though nobody cares.

...story of my life!

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I hope my m44 piston choice dont come to bite me in the butt. Block at machine shop getting 85mm bore and head refreshed.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X