Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by element6 View Post
    That is the going rate.

Carbon vinyl and matte/satin are expensive to begin with but you only need about a 4x4 piece.

If you want it cheap, try buying the piece yourself and doing it. All you need is a heat gun, couple squeegees, and some adhesive promotor. The roof is the easiest part of the car to do.

I bought a red insight and wrapped it for my mom as a christmas gift. It was my first wrap. I did everything myself and used Oracal 970RA in gloss white.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...red-white.html
    PS; In case you didn't want to read the whole post over at insight central, the roll of 970RA I bought was a 60"x50 yard roll. it was about $1100.00 from advantage sign supply. I also bought a gallon each of rapid-tac, rapid-clear, and rapid-prep. I planned on doing more than 1 car/vehicle.

The 970RA I got was just gloss white. It's not the cheapest wrapping cast but it was easy to work with and a very good quality for the price.

You only need 10-15 yards to do a complete vehicle.
    You'd also only need about 6oz of adhesive promoter, prep/degreaser, and about 12oz of clear/sealer (if you want to use it).

I'm down to help you out if you are serious about doing it. Just hit me up and we could knock it out in under an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
      anyone have a coupe passenger side window glass? they broke my passenger side window and stole my radio and destroyed my dash. if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
      i have one.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
        i have one.
        We have a few and offered one to him, but located on within an hr lol.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Appreciate it guys. Non of you guys would happen to have a clean hvac trim, or or the clock cradle would you?

Comment

Anyone going to the meet tonight or does anyone want
            Meet up in fort lauderdale and ride to the meet at char-hut
            Or shit just meet up in fort lauderdale near to a BMW shop
            Off of 441 & 19st
            1788 NW 38 th ave fort laudrdale 33311 @ say 7:30 tonight
            Be their

Comment

Appreciate it guys. Non of you guys would happen to have a clean hvac trim, or or the clock cradle would you?
              Gangsta -

Is this what you are looking for?

Shot at 2011-05-06

$30 shipped or $20 if you can wait til I can deliver it. I get to South Florida at least once per month.

Don
              Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

I told you I had one for you for free. No clock or OBC, just the HVAC/radio frame.

Comment

Hey I need one too

And if it's free I come get it
                  Hit me up@305-904-5989 J

Comment

I have one as well if anyone needs it, it's in perfect shape no OBC or radio though.

Comment

I would like one aswell
                      Can anyone answer me about the meet tonight

Comment

Originally posted by element6
                        PS; In case you didn't want to read the whole post over at insight central
                        it would not have been fair to you not to read that whole thing... you put a whole lot of work into that lil Insight . Great Job man !

Originally posted by element6
                        I'm down to help you out if you are serious about doing it. Just hit me up and we could knock it out in under an hour.
                        you know that may not be such a bad idea .. what kind of paint prep work did you do?
                        --Hayden--
                        '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
                        '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
                        '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
                        www.G2IC.com

Comment

Originally posted by Slick92GS-R View Post
                          you know that may not be such a bad idea .. what kind of paint prep work did you do?
                          All you need to do is wash it well and then use a degreaser/prep solution and you're good.

I have only used non-permanent adhesive based vinyl so far. Usually the only people who use permanent wrapping cast are the companies wrapping box trucks, large trailers, vans, etc.

The stuff I had was calendared for a 10 year outdoor lifespan. There are other kinds of vinyl that I would use; but I'll stick with 3M and Oracals offerings.

Comment

selling my 1984 325e 2.7l manual coupe needs a lot of tlc but no serious damage and only minor rust title in hand does not run and interior is gutted. on cl right now for 850 i will cut 200 off for rev memebers. My home onwers insurance was cancelled due to the unregistered car outfront my inspection is monday if no one picks it up im selling it to a junk yard
                            my build thread:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=231612

Comment

Must have been "Let your female counterpark drive your e30 to work day" here in south fl.

I saw a red E30 M3 with (i hope i am correct) what looked to be a female driver, and also a white 2 door early model with some sort of black decal on the lower portion of the quarter.

Anyways, you guys should know better then to let the women drive these things.

Comment

Wtb a set of shocks for a e30 preferably a318is

Comment

Working...
                                X