No announcement yet.

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooooo the Datsun is being a Diva/ Drama Queen so this weekend I took the E30 out for another canyon run and left the Roadster at home.

The car leaks some oil and after these runs she definitely shows her age but luckily there’s a plan in place. And a big part of that arrived today

New main and rod bearings, and an Elring gasket kit for the bottom end. Eagle eye viewers will also notice the WOT tech crank spacer which I bought a little while ago. Still need the M52 crank & a block to build off of. Last piece will be pistons but that will depend what I can budget for at that time
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Eagle eye viewers will also notice the WOT tech crank spacer which I bought a little while ago. Still need the M52 crank & a block to build off of.
      Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Sooooo the Datsun is being a Diva/ Drama Queen so this weekend I took the E30 out for another canyon run and left the Roadster at home.

The car leaks some oil and after these runs she definitely shows her age but luckily there’s a plan in place. And a big part of that arrived today

New main and rod bearings, and an Elring gasket kit for the bottom end. Eagle eye viewers will also notice the WOT tech crank spacer which I bought a little while ago. Still need the M52 crank & a block to build off of. Last piece will be pistons but that will depend what I can budget for at that time
        http://www.car-part.com/ There's a bunch of them. And, I mean, I got mine on eBay. They're really not hard at all to find.
        '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
        1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
          Yes yes yes yes yes yes!
          thats what she said ;D

Originally posted by betz View Post
          http://www.car-part.com/ There's a bunch of them. And, I mean, I got mine on eBay. They're really not hard at all to find.
          I already know where and whom Im getting one from. Having basically two project cars and a million other things to deal with means I have a strategic (read: strict) car budget. Its not hard to get the crank and he isnt itching to sell it so it will be bought when it is time.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Woohoo! You're a better man than I for doing a slow burn motor build. It's the best way.

I already know where and whom Im getting one from. Having basically two project cars and a million other things to deal with means I have a strategic (read: strict) car budget. Its not hard to get the crank and he isnt itching to sell it so it will be bought when it is time.
            Added bonus is that you can change your mind on crank and pistons down the road with the parts purchasing order you're following. Buy some 135mm rods and a cheap spare block next, easy purchases and still keeps your options open (cough, S52 crank) ;D
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

Went to SoCal Vintage this last weekend. Didn’t bother washing the car haha... I did however get some more minor things done on the car. I have had new seat shocks but never really had time to do it and was a little intimidated I’d have to seats torn apart and have something missing, so I bribed Mike (Mike36) with ... I dunno, I guess I just got some nice help from someone who’s already done it and we knocked out both seats after the show

I didn’t actually take any pics when we had the seats taken apart but Mike took this when I had my head down, working. Good news, my hair still looks nice and thick lol

I also masked off the lower rocker and grabbed my SEM trim paint. It was pretty gray and faded so this was one more step closer to having just one thing left to paint... the whole damn car

No pics of the completed work because there was no before pic either lol
              Last edited by 2mAn; 11-11-2018, 09:44 PM.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

You guys were at Socal vintage ? I was actually there too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
                  You guys were at Socal vintage ? I was actually there too lol
                  I was there for like 2 hours, maybe
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Not sure if anyone has seen the chaos that happened with the original motor.... but that fun can be found here

Leaving that drama out of here, and trying to get the car back on the road ASAP I rented a truck and went and got a “good running” SuperETA motor out of a 528e.

Here’s a carefully framed pic lol

Yea it was dirty

Not one to shy away from polishing turds I spent some time getting it to this

I’ll save the boring pics but after himmin and hawin about it, we pulled the head off to swap over the I-cam, and dual valve springs. Bottom end looked good so that was a nice bonus

Car was wrapped up this past weekend and I’ve been beating it like she owes me money ever since. I definitely noticed the bump in torque, but it’s also obvious that this car needs a better cam. Also the rockers are pretty noisy so I will be replacing the head ASAP. Plan is a WOT-Tech special with a 274 cam* and new rockers.

I probably should’ve done just the head from the beginning but I obviously like to do things the hard way...

*actual cam still TBD
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Silver lining, it's now "SUPER".

Comment

Noisy rockers = valve adjustment, no? What in the heck happened to your car?? lmao. Glad you're back on the road. Do you like the SETA engine better than the b25?
                        '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
                        2000 Porsche Boxster
                        2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
                        1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Man, sorry to see that happened! You have recovered quickly though. Nice work.

Comment

Bummer about the timing belt! You moved quick on getting it back on the road!

Welcome to the 4 door ‘88 Super club :devil:
                            1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                            SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                            Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Thanks guys!

This thing is my daily driver, so I needed it back ASAP!... it took longer than I wanted honestly, but that was just sh!tty timing with Thanksgiving and stuff. I might've taken longer if the weather was nice because I was daily driving my Datsun Roadster while this one was down and it gets a bit chilly with open top freeway driving.

The valves have been adjusted a few times, and because the original 885 self destructed, I couldnt swap over the rockers. I think the cam and rockers simply arent happy with each other, so I hope to remedy this ASAP. Not at all how I planned it all....
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Hope you a fast recovery dude! At least its a Super now B)
                                Transaction Feedback
                                Various E30 Parts for Sale!
                                Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
                                -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
                                -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

Working...
                                X