No announcement yet.

15" Eurowaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah, I got them cheap because I found them lying in a pile of dirt and they didn't know what they were. :)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Here's some photos of the wheels showing examples of the curb rash that wasn't repaired before they were coated and the receipt for straightening them.

Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

I found some photos of my old set of Euroweaves and I can't resist showing them next to these so you can see the difference in color to the original. It's a frighteningly poor match. It's too bad these were coated so dark and so thick that it almost covers up the stampings. Oh well. They'll just have to be fixed.

Comment

damn. sorry you had to go through all that...

out of curiosity, how much does a really clean set of euroweaves go for these days?

not that i have a set laying around or anything... ahem.
          Originally posted by Holland
          There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sefb222 View Post
            damn. sorry you had to go through all that...

out of curiosity, how much does a really clean set of euroweaves go for these days?

not that i have a set laying around or anything... ahem.
            1k ish range, if you’re talking about this model.

Comment

That finish discrepancy is a common mistake I've had made on my own wheels many a time, and it just doesn't look right. Most folks use something like an "argent silver" to refinish them and it turns out way too dark. I just had a set done at a dealership and the turned out perfect- that was the first time I've ever had them come out right.

Sorry to hear of the headache man, that's a tough situation.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin
                Be careful dealing with these clowns. They completely fucking destroyed my Azev type a wheels.
                Oh my. I went by the reviews I could find online and they are close by. What kind of work did you ask them to do on your wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  That finish discrepancy is a common mistake I've had made on my own wheels many a time, and it just doesn't look right. Most folks use something like an "argent silver" to refinish them and it turns out way too dark. I just had a set done at a dealership and the turned out perfect- that was the first time I've ever had them come out right.

Sorry to hear of the headache man, that's a tough situation.
                  Yeah, long ago I used some rattle can wheel paint from the store on a wheel (maybe it was Duplicolor; I don't remember), but the color was way off like these. I believe I've found the correct color code for the bright silver, so I had some of that mixed up. It's VW L97A (Diamond Silver) and it was originally painted over white primer. It's a Glasurit 55 Line color, but of course if you were going to refinish a set in that it would cost about $1000 since the clear and reducer are only sold by the gallon, and hardener by the liter. Actually more than that if you were starting from scratch because you'd need the epoxy primer too. It wouldn't be so bad if you had a few sets to refinish.

Edit: Actually I'm not so sure now if that's the correct color. It definitely is for new BBS wheels, but looking at pictures of new wheels it looks slightly darker to me than the old BBS wheels.
                  Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-01-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                    No, I’ve seen like 5 wrecked m tech convertibles in the last year, with these exact wheels. California was the kingdom of e30 verts it seems like.
                    Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                    1k ish range, if you’re talking about this model.
                    So you passed up grabbing 5 sets of Euroweaves--16 bolts at 4x100, takes 5 mins.--worth approx. $5k at the junkyard?
                    1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
                    Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
                    Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                      In retrospect, I wish I had not purchased them, but I’m making that best of it.
                      Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                      I believe we are working out a satisfactory solution. He has offered to send a lower refund than I requested, but is going to send me a 5th wheel.
                      Curious, which opinion on sale is it now?

If all four Euroweaves purchased bent, what is the fifth so-called "free" Euroweave like?

EDIT: Duplicolor Bright Silver Metallic Chrysler (EBCC0410) or Wurth silver metallic spray paint (892180 S) both match the factory color great!
                      Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 02-02-2019, 09:52 AM.
                      1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
                      Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
                      Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
                        So you passed up grabbing 5 sets of Euroweaves--16 bolts at 4x100, takes 5 mins.--worth approx. $5k at the junkyard?
                        Just because it’s a junkyard doesn’t mean the owner is clueless lol. Plus lmk where and how I could haul 20 wheels home, without bending scratching or damaging them lmao.

Comment

99% chance they are 14" and you are full of shit.

They're 30 years old, they're already bent and scratched.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
                            To be fair he may have been too busy stripping S14s from all the wrecked e30 M3s littering up the yards.
                            sigpic
                            January 2012 COTM

Comment

For sale

I have some nice straight euroweaves for sale if anyone is interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Richardbohr View Post
                                I have some nice straight euroweaves for sale if anyone is interested?
                                Make your own thread please. Not here.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X