1 year later, still looking for headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 year later, still looking for headers

Hello everyone, doing my annual feeler to see if anyone has any M20B25 Headers they are looking to part with. Reach out with any leads...Thanks in advance

If you're looking for over a year I think your wanting price maybe to low..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

i'd find some soon as the choices are becoming extinct. the IE long tube header is no longer and now they can't supply shorties. the same seems to be happening to everything but crap fitting ebay junk.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
        i'd find some soon as the choices are becoming extinct. the IE long tube header is no longer and now they can't supply shorties. the same seems to be happening to everything but crap fitting ebay junk.
        It's just the part of the parts supply cycle. Quality expensive stuff is there when stuff is new, that goes away after the model is discontinued, knock off or B tier parts appear, those go away after 10-20 years, the car gets properly old and properly expensive, period correct hot rod stuff reappears.

Most of us probably got in to E30s in the second stage of parts supply (while the cars were cheap to own AND operate) and most of us will leave before the final stage. If we live long enough the cars will again be forgotten and become cheap again, but at that point all of the hot rod stuff is gone and we're too old to enjoy it properly anyway.

I really like E30s, but when the value proposition isn't there anymore I'll survive by running an E46 or E82 to fill that niche.

Comment

schmiedmann sell them, look quite nice
          Boris - 89 E30 325i
          84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

It's just the part of the parts supply cycle. Quality expensive stuff is there when stuff is new, that goes away after the model is discontinued, knock off or B tier parts appear, those go away after 10-20 years, the car gets properly old and properly expensive, period correct hot rod stuff reappears.

Most of us probably got in to E30s in the second stage of parts supply (while the cars were cheap to own AND operate) and most of us will leave before the final stage. If we live long enough the cars will again be forgotten and become cheap again, but at that point all of the hot rod stuff is gone and we're too old to enjoy it properly anyway.

I really like E30s, but when the value proposition isn't there anymore I'll survive by running an E46 or E82 to fill that niche.
            that makes a lot of sense. i consider the IE stuff to be tier 2 as they are based on other designs.

Comment

Better get your E46 pretty soon- around here, it's getting down to ratty 325s with autoboxes...

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                Better get your E46 pretty soon- around here, it's getting down to ratty 325s with autoboxes...

t
                Already did, 01 330i last month for about the same price as actually nice M20 headers, and it's possible that it will replace my only E30 at the moment, a 90 318i touring as the just for fun car.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post

t
                  it's already too late where i am.

most sport-luxo models don't sell well here at all. there's enough to keep a few in the showroom but it's all suv that pays the bills. since few sell new it makes for a tight secondary market.

Comment

just showed up : E30/m20 long tube headers - R3VLimited Forums

Comment

lol, I was just going to post that link>
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                      X