No announcement yet.

Door Seals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also worth checking out https://www.eastkenttrimsupplies.com/e30-c102x3181996.

Comment

Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83 View Post
      So do the old ones just slip off and new ones slip back on or is it more involved than that
      old ones slip off. new one slips on but needs trimming, they send it with about 4-6" of excess to ensure fit. The oem one is a perfect fit as in it is one complete "circle" with no ends, the ebay one is a strip with a 90 degree angle where it meets the b-pillar.

the hardest part of the installation is popping the sill guard (i'm not sure the exact terminology) off without breaking the sill guard and/or breaking clips. you want some nice clean and sharp flush cutters to cut the new seals.
      sigpic

Comment

After all of this time I finally installed my seals that I got here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. 25ft confirmed enough, I have just about 1ft left over, but the channels on these are a tiny bit undersized and don't 100% fit on the corners. I'll have to see if they stay put. I also didn't do the best job cutting the corners using sheet metal shears so I'll just have seal them up and together with some RTV but it's nice to close the doors and not see a shrunken door seal hanging down in the corner. If they wind up shrinking and fitting like crap I'll post an update, if that happens I probably would just cut them at the very bottom under the sill guard like my old OE seals were.
        Last edited by varg; 07-30-2023, 09:43 AM.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

CAtuned sells repro seals they dont look too bad from the pictures havnt tried them

Comment

Working...
          X