Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catchuk View Post
    sold out of the 10ft too now
    This one? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082KVSPWF...3YOiTXZGjtv8rQ I ordered today and I just double checked and it let me add to my cart.
    sigpic84 325e

Comment

Originally posted by catchuk View Post
      sold out of the 10ft too now
      I found another listing on AMAZON that has the same exact dimensions as the one I bought earlier they have 20ft available but if it will be sold out you can get 100ft and its a little bit cheaper when you buy more, got 80 ft for $129 the 80 ft should cover the sedan doors
      here is the link
      https://www.amazon.com/rubber-diamet...l&sr=1-13&th=1 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Narsiyousif View Post

I found another listing on AMAZON that has the same exact dimensions as the one I bought earlier they have 20ft available but if it will be sold out you can get 100ft and its a little bit cheaper when you buy more, got 80 ft for $129 the 80 ft should cover the sedan doors
        here is the link
        https://www.amazon.com/rubber-diamet...l&sr=1-13&th=1 👍
        ​​​​​​I guess I wasn't paying attention and thought I needed two 10' pieces but the seals in the car are 12'+ so I cancelled my 1st order. There was a 33' option so I ordered that one. Only $3 more than the 25' one and I like the idea of having extra just in case.
        sigpic84 325e

Comment

Yes, approximately 12' for a coupe door. I was rather pleased with myself when I estimated it at 12' just by visualizing it then measured it and found I was very close, it is just over 12' measured linearly. I'll be ordering the 25' length and doing my door seals. What a difference that will make in wind noise and spider intrusion in my garage.
          Last edited by varg; 09-04-2020, 04:18 PM.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Hey guys, I work in the sealing industry. US manufacturers of this type of seal include Trim Lok and Clean Seal. These are the companies who are supplying people like McMaster and Amazon. The minimum order quantity is high (usually a full spool is required) but if enough people get in on a group buy, the cost could be split up easily. See below:

Our push-on rubber edge trim seals are ideal for boat hatch seals, RV compartments, door seals & more. Customize your rubber trim seal with Trim-Lok.

You would still be on your own for splicing and joining the corners together. Any rubber-based RTV adhesive should do the trick.

Comment

So I recently bought some rubber seal off Amazon and they look great, I used e6000 to seal the corners. It takes quite an effort to close the doors, perhaps a little smaller diameter would be better.

Comment

Just an update, the gaskets leaked on the bottom corner. I heard the seal will shrink to i made it about 1-2 inches longer and i think it caused a bit of non visible bunching. I cut it 1 1/2" shorter and the leak is now gone.

Comment

How are the amazon seals holding up for everyone so far? I see some comments about the doors being hard to close, have they eventually taken a set with some use?

My coupe needs door seals badly and this looks to be a great option...I just can't wrap my head around the price of the OE seals.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                    How are the amazon seals holding up for everyone so far? I see some comments about the doors being hard to close, have they eventually taken a set with some use?

My coupe needs door seals badly and this looks to be a great option...I just can't wrap my head around the price of the OE seals.

MJ
                    My turkish seals are holding up well, no leaks, not the best looking fit in the 90 degree corner, but working well

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post

MJ
                      The doors have to be slammed shut, kind of annoying, and they still leak slightly no matter what i do, the rubber on the amazon seals is harder/thicker than oem seals. id give them a 5 out of 10, the good news is they were inexpensive.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Too bad the Amazon material is causing some problems with the doors closing...likely this is not helping with the leaking. I ordered some of this material to measure it against the OE seal and check fitment.

The Turkish seals may end up being the best option even though the corner looks goofy. It would really be nice if URO could make a re-pop of these with all the right details.

MJ

Comment

I've got the amazon stuff to install on my other car, wondering if it would be easier to close the doors if you drill the holes on the inside to let air out, like the originals have

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                            I've got the amazon stuff to install on my other car, wondering if it would be easier to close the doors if you drill the holes on the inside to let air out, like the originals have
                            I had this same thought and believe that it would help the seals compress properly as the door closes. It sure cannot hurt to try...

In a previous series of posts, Narsiyousf indicated good results with the Amazon seals and also mentions adding the vent holes for proper performance. The installed pics in those posts make me hopeful these really do work with the proper install techniques....the good news is that it is a fairly cheap experiment....more time than $$$.

MJ

Comment

hi,

I am new to this e30 world.

Basically, what are the main differences between the after market and OEM seals? is it the quality/size of the rubber or the "plug and play" fitment?

Comment

It's about cost, OEM seals can set you back $700-1k+ for coupe or sedan.

Originally posted by Sneakerism191 View Post
                                hi,

I am new to this e30 world.

Basically, what are the main differences between the after market and OEM seals? is it the quality/size of the rubber or the "plug and play" fitment?

Comment

Working...
                                X