No announcement yet.

Door Seals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the Turkish seals too but they did not look right. One picture looked ok, but another one didn't. So I got bulk seal and made my own on the fronts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/30-feet-Rub...72.m2749.l2649 Where it meets in the corner is a no-go, since it is curved not flat so water pools up down below where it goes under the door sill. Still it's less water than before.

Comment

Originally posted by usualdeviant View Post
      I saw the Turkish seals too but they did not look right. One picture looked ok, but another one didn't. So I got bulk seal and made my own on the fronts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/30-feet-Rub...72.m2749.l2649 Where it meets in the corner is a no-go, since it is curved not flat so water pools up down below where it goes under the door sill. Still it's less water than before.
      pics? that looks very similar to the other add.
      85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Two sets of seals have been sourced by a local member. I will be reaching out for address etc from the manufacturers and getting more info. unfortunately the norm is for them to not respond for days at a time so the back and forth is very slow.

They’ve already said it’ll be 30-45 days for a quote once they receive the sample.

Comment

I’d be in for 2 sets for a coupe. Hope this comes through...

Comment

Not sure if you're looking for pix from the item for sale on ebay, if so, just click the link, it's bulk weatherstripping. If you are looking for pix of how it looks on my car...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200418_191102.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	9918799

Name:	20200418_191109.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9918800

Name:	20200418_191122.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	9918801

Comment

My Turkish seals arrived today, haven't had time to pull them out of the box yet....

Comment

Hopefully it works out, let us know!

Comment

Also interesting how they turn out!
                    88 M3
                    90 325is
                    91 M5

Comment

I really hope these turn out to be a good solution for us - awaiting feedback.

MJ

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on a set of those Turkish seals for my coupe. Seller (bamboli-ltd) looks reputable and a couple people have left feedback for the seals saying "great quality" so we'll see. As of right now he has a "make an offer" option. I submitted a $120USD offer and it was accepted right away. ($10 savings).
                        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                        All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
                          Just pulled the trigger on a set of those Turkish seals for my coupe. Seller (bamboli-ltd) looks reputable and a couple people have left feedback for the seals saying "great quality" so we'll see. As of right now he has a "make an offer" option. I submitted a $120USD offer and it was accepted right away. ($10 savings).
                          I did it as well just because I saw there were only a few left. You can go as low as 105$ on offers for future people wanting to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

My Turkish seals arrived today, haven't had time to pull them out of the box yet....
                            Any update on this? Waiting for a review before I buy, but they are running out. I want to know if they are worth nearly 3 times the price as the bulk seal that usualdeviant used. I'm pretty sure its the same exact seal, the turkish ones seem to just pre-cut and glue the ends. Which is probably the hardest part. So if they work well I'm jumping on them. But if they still leak a bit, then I'll jsut save some money and do it myself with the bulk seal.
                            2002 530i - Daily
                            2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost - wifes/family hauler
                            1986 325es - fun car (or money pit depending on who you ask)

My build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=422370

Comment

Originally posted by shawmcbigdis View Post

Any update on this? Waiting for a review before I buy, but they are running out. I want to know if they are worth nearly 3 times the price as the bulk seal that usualdeviant used. I'm pretty sure its the same exact seal, the turkish ones seem to just pre-cut and glue the ends. Which is probably the hardest part. So if they work well I'm jumping on them. But if they still leak a bit, then I'll jsut save some money and do it myself with the bulk seal.
                              not yet, been swamped with work and currently prepping body for wrap. Will try to this weekend

Comment

why study for P/F finals when I can fiddle w my car. Here are pics of them out of the box. Going to install today on the passenger side and then take for a spin in the rain.
                                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Slybeanx.

Comment

Working...
                                X