No announcement yet.

R&M Racing BMW M20 Adjustable Camshaft Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore the A & R on the index and use just the lines.
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

yeah, the only defect is the A and R are on the wrong side.

but again, if you're degreeing the cam without a dyno or a cam index tool then you shouldn't be messing with it. ;)
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

what possible gains would this offer say an m20 running stock cam w/18-21psi? I'm probably just going to get a turbo cam for my m20, however for now I'd be curious what such a cheap mod could merit in gains for my specific application, as it seems my scenario would stand the largest possible gains from this feature. Stock m20 you're not going to do much to a dyno plot with an adjustable cam gear lol

Comment

If you have a decked head you can degree the cam back to where it was originally intended or you can use it to slightly shift the powerband up or down.
          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
            If you have a decked head you can degree the cam back to where it was originally intended or you can use it to slightly shift the powerband up or down.
            Thanks for the groundrbeaking info :p

What I was asking was what modifying cam timing could do to the stock cam profile for a turbo'd m20... someone with some real know-how and experience with cam profiles/cam timing might have an answer... but I probably won't get one.

I only ask because if any m20 stands to gain power, it's one like mine. Shifting the power band around a bit... not so much necessary for me

Comment

you can have a little bit more top end (retarding the cam) at the expense of bottom end, or some more bottom end (advancing the cam) at the expense of top end. It doesn't really matter if you are turbo or not, the effect is the same just magnified a little bit.

There's no free lunch, but you could shift the torque curve to the RPM range you use the most. so on a street car, you could advance it a little bit, and on a race car, you could retard it.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

only one of these left in stock! let your friends who dont have one yet know! :)
                R-MRacing.com Quality Products at great prices!

E30 M20 Adjustable Cam Gear

Comment

bump

Comment

Sold out?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                      Sold out?
                      currently yes, but we are currently having some more manufactured. They should be in stock in a week or two. We will keep you updated.
                      R-MRacing.com Quality Products at great prices!

E30 M20 Adjustable Cam Gear

Comment

hurry up!
                        93 E30 325ic BrilliantRot M20B25 TCD S2+ GS637BZ CT3582R MS2

Bought from or sold to me?
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=200290

Comment

I got mine from IE for $88 shipped.. same part..

I have yet to install it, but am expecting a noticeable difference considering my complex(ish) setup:
                          '89 m20b25 block w/ 885 'i' head and euro 323i cam
                          m20b23 crank (76.8mm stroke vs. 75.0mm = 2554cc, approx 10:1 c/r)
                          .. sort of like Alpina B2 ;)

the 323i makes peak power @ 5300rpm, but the 325i makes it @ 5800rpm..
                          we're thinking by retarding the euro cam a couple degrees, it should push the powerband back up to the 5800 or 6000 rpm mark..

if that doesn't work, its Schrick time - we're just gonna have to give up the coolness factor of using the euro parts that were lying around :(

So again, this is only to optimize the current setup..
                          Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Hate to be the one to shit on the parade

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-91...413#vi-content.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

lol oh dang 20 bux.

and IE are selling these for 80?

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                                Hate to be the one to shit on the parade

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-91...413#vi-content.
                                Wow, it even reduces shifter throw!
                                Garrick
                                1989 325is
                                DSP #72

Comment

Working...
                                X