No announcement yet.

R&M Racing BMW M20 Adjustable Camshaft Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you'll want to replace the hardware on the gears sourced from ebay/IE. the RM-racing gears were a little different. People have had the cheaper hardware shear on them, obviously not a good thing.

also, not sure what you guys are shitting on - they don't have any for sale right now?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Good news then. I was also looking to buy one of RM-racing gears. Just seen they were sold out and keep looking for some that arnt 250$

My twin cam engine is taking alot of money and the ix headgasket blew so why not deck the head .030...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Racer View Post
        Wow, it even reduces shifter throw!
        Yet marks are still wrong.

Comment

I know you all probably think we havent been getting these gears back, but in one week these gears will be back up for sale and they are the BEST gears yet. Lighter then our last Version 2 Design. The marks are CORRECT on this new design unlike EVERY other gear out there on the market that I have seen (yes, including IE). At R-M Racing we only have two employees who have many years of professional experience in HANDS on motor building. By keeping our employees limited to skilled professionals, we GREATLY reduce the chance of having "Bad Parts". Every part that we sell, we have done RIGOROUS tests and spent countless hours inspecting and perfecting. EVERY SINGLE product that ships out of our warehouse gets a complete hands on inspection by the owner of R-M Racing to ensure that it is in PERFECT condition. We stand by our products. Try and ask the seller of that ebay copy of our gear how to install it. He will probably have no idea. Ask him where the cam is located on an e30, his answer will probably be that it is "under the hood".

This batch of gears was worth the wait, I can assure you. More information to follow.
          R-MRacing.com Quality Products at great prices!

E30 M20 Adjustable Cam Gear

Comment

I clicked on the site to see if there was any more information on the new gears noticed something you guys might want to fix.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I don't get it? also - check your PM :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Eta rods are 130mm. 130<135.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Thats an e34 m20b25?

It says if you use with an eta crank you need custom pistons which is true.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                    Eta rods are 130mm. 130<135.
                    oh, I see what you mean einstein. I will correct that. We do say that the eta's are different, and we just made a typo saying that it is longer rather then shorter. Thanks for pointing this out.
                    R-MRacing.com Quality Products at great prices!

E30 M20 Adjustable Cam Gear

Comment

A sneak peak guys, and the letters arnt wrong. Plus new hardware and they are lighter.

Comment

nice :)

the markings are not critical anyway - you normally set cam timing with a degree wheel and on the dyno, not by looking at the cam wheel. hell, you can't even really see them when you're adjusting it. I just set mine on the dyno (advanced a bit for more torque), i didn't really look at the markings.

I'm using stainless hardware on mine but that's because I don't want them tripping up my cam sensor.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well for the people that did have a problem with it, and now it is fixed. But yes I agree with you, we do the same thing here with our CG. We also have ZINC alloy forged bolts if you would like to swap out.

Comment

I needed stainless because they are non-magnetic (BMW hall sensors are magnetic).
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I hope you like your product.

Comment

just ordered one for "my shaved head".
                                HE>i
                                89 335i m30 power, 4hp22 delivery

Comment

Working...
                                X