Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've finally got a new website for my chips

Hi,
    I wanted to let you all know that I have a new website: www.dsylva-tech.ca ( the same URL as previously) I've also got a 15% discount available when you check out!

MarkD
    URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

The new website looks way better!

But all the info on the different chips is gone. I've been thinking about getting one for years now. What's the performance difference between E30-173.7K0-9314 and E30-173.6K9-9114 ?

93 is pretty easy to find around me and I don't think I want to swap injectors right now.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      The new website looks way better!

But all the info on the different chips is gone. I've been thinking about getting one for years now. What's the performance difference between E30-173.7K0-9314 and E30-173.6K9-9114 ?

93 is pretty easy to find around me and I don't think I want to swap injectors right now.

I'm going to add that info that was on the old site to this one, I just haven't had the time to do that yet. I'm also working on some new chips and installation instructions.

You don't need to swap injectors, that's only required if you have both a different cam and higher compression ratio. Just adding a 272 cam to a stock motor won't require bigger injectors. (I've logged it all to check).

The difference in HP at WOT is around 4 hp, but the part throttle torque is quite noticeable between the two chips.

Have a look at the FAQ where I explained some of this.

Comment

This is great MarkD!

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          This is great MarkD!
          I'm glad you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post

I'm glad you like it!
            Have something for my newly acquired e90 335d? :)
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I'm going to add that info that was on the old site to this one, I just haven't had the time to do that yet. I'm also working on some new chips and installation instructions.

You don't need to swap injectors, that's only required if you have both a different cam and higher compression ratio. Just adding a 272 cam to a stock motor won't require bigger injectors. (I've logged it all to check).

The difference in HP at WOT is around 4 hp, but the part throttle torque is quite noticeable between the two chips.

Have a look at the FAQ where I explained some of this.
              Awesome! Thanks for pointing me to the FAQ, it clarified some things I had assumed.

I get why you're hesitant to post a dyno sheet, but it's good to know that the 93 would have more area under the curve (compared to the 91).

sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

New site looks good, hopefully drives some business your way.

Glad you kept the old sympatico site up. I like coming across "old web" style sites that are still online.

May I suggest you increase the size / change the colour of this tagline? If I wasn't looking for it I would have missed it.
                THIS IS THE OLD LEGACY WEBSITE, CLICK HERE TO JUMP TO THE SHINY NEW ONE!
                Last edited by Panici; 01-16-2023, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I agree about the colour, I wanted to change it to red but wasn't sure how to and I didn't have time to try and fix it, but I'll try again in a few days. I previewed the page before making it live, the text colour was different.
                  Last edited by MarkD; 12-23-2022, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Great to see the new site and the announcement here on R3V. I went with the 91octane chip since 93 is not a consistent find around WI. Thanks again Mark for the phone conversation and helping me to explore options.
                    1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
                    1991 318is: raw DD
                    2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Hi,
                      I wanted to let you all know that I have a new website: www.dsylva-tech.ca ( the same URL as previously) I've also got a 15% discount available when you check out!

MarkD
                      never got any response several times trying to contact mark d. disappointed as i wanted to support a cdn business. the response from ssquid was immediate and they had no issues discussing the car and recommending a chip and injectors.

Comment

How did you try to contact me? Did you send an email? I've responded to quite a few people in the last two weeks, even though my mother passed away just after Christmas and we had funeral arrangements to take care of...

Comment

How did you try to contact me? Did you send an email? I've responded to quite a few people in the last two weeks, even though my mother passed away just after Christmas and we had funeral arrangements to take care of...
                          so very sorry to hear that

emailed a few times last yr. i'm not on facebook though. sent a relevant list of mods as well. may have tried through the board too. was i sending it to a dead email address?

gave up as i thought you had simply stopped making them for the e30. i pulled the trigger on the ssquid stuff in august of 22, i was shopping about 3 - 6 months before and couldn't hang on anymore.

Comment

MarkD the site loads entirely blank for me. Empty white page.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              MarkD the site loads entirely blank for me. Empty white page.

You are correct! I just checked it. If you want me to call you, just send an email to mark@dsylva-tech.ca and include a contact number plus best time to call.

I could take a few days to figure out what's wrong with the site.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X